The Student Room Group

Streaming films for free at university?

I use websites to watch films and series for free and have never had any issues at home. I'm going to university soon and I'm wondering if the university will monitor this? Do they even care?

Would using a VPN prevent them even knowing in the first place?
Original post by 048243
I use websites to watch films and series for free and have never had any issues at home. I'm going to university soon and I'm wondering if the university will monitor this? Do they even care?

Only if connected to their intranet
Original post by 048243

I believe Box of Broadcasts has some :yep:
Reply 3
Original post by 048243

You can use my website. i have collected links to movies on youtube and archive.org. The permanent links I have tried to check for US copyrights. But youtube has agreements with many companies and archive.org is located in california, i think, not far from the movie studios. I am sure they will first check their neighbor before they chase down a student in Europe. Things that are uploaded to youtube are scanned using AI and automatically checked against youtube's copyright agreements and policies. I haven't run a check on the links in a while. Some may be obsolete. If the owners of the copyright themselves upload a movie, it is legal.

https://freetvnow.stream
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest