The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Mathematics: Core Mathematics C4 6666 01 - 22 June 2018 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

How are we feeling for C4?
I know C3 is tomorrow so theres been more focus on that
But i really need 90s in both.
Any advice for C4?
Reply 21
Original post by HomeworkHater
Any advice for C4?

Do all papers and i’d suggest write out the formula whilst doing the actual paper for e.g integration (if you want - depends on you total understanding) ....

then smash it!!
Original post by HomeworkHater
Any advice for C4?

Try doing the gold level papers on PMT.
how ready is everyone, i'm hearing the c3 paper was pretty tough?
Reply 24
Original post by Virolite
how ready is everyone, i'm hearing the c3 paper was pretty tough?

Yeah it was which is unnerving because I felt so prepared
Reply 25
Original post by hamle

Did you think the structuring of C3 was a bit odd compared to past years? I thought it was.

This one was more shuffled, maybe thats just me 😂.
Can’t even estimate what UMS I had from C3.
Felt so prepared for it. I doubt C4 will be any better than todays
Reply 27
Original post by hamle

Yeah walked in confident af after doing C34 IAL and the recent past papers and hovering around A* boundaries. Now I'll be lucky to make an A after seeing the mark scheme...

Was really hoping to get A*. Now I'll have to get 100 in C4 which I highly doubt is possible.
I thought I wasn't very prepared for C3 but I wasn't worried coz if I thought it would be ****, then I'd deserve it. However, saying that, I found the paper decent and I was chill af while/before/after it ( i meditated beforehand which I 120% recommend). I only think I did fine because of the unofficial mark scheme and my instincts.
For C4, as long as the Vectors and Integrations are fine, the rest is easy to understand and practice.
Reply 30
Original post by NavyaBharagida99
I thought I wasn't very prepared for C3 but I wasn't worried coz if I thought it would be ****, then I'd deserve it. However, saying that, I found the paper decent and I was chill af while/before/after it ( i meditated beforehand which I 120% recommend). I only think I did fine because of the unofficial mark scheme and my instincts.

I was chill... until someone fcking kept on fiddling around with their nose, blowing in the snot repeatedly. Then cough, repeatedly. The bleeping cough sounded as if they have a dry throat, and sounded like “smoking cough” but ik he doesnt smoke cos he’a my mate 😂. Dunn dunn. Dunnn.

No but srsly im gonna tell my bleepin mate to fix his snot out. That **** was disturbing af.

Maybe i should meditate too 🤔ty for the tip!
Original post by jxn
i was chill... Until someone fcking kept on fiddling around with their nose, blowing in the snot repeatedly. Then cough, repeatedly. The bleeping cough sounded as if they have a dry throat, and sounded like “smoking cough” but ik he doesnt smoke cos he’a my mate 😂. Dunn dunn. Dunnn.

No but srsly im gonna tell my bleepin mate to fix his snot out. That **** was disturbing af.

Maybe i should meditate too 🤔ty for the tip!

sooooo recommend itttt
Reply 32
maths.pngcan someone do these?
Original post by Lana21
For question 'b' I got 4ln3 as an answer, but I can't do the second question. Which solomon worksheet are these questions from?
Reply 34
Original post by CheesyMuffin90
For question 'b' I got 4ln3 as an answer, but I can't do the second question. Which solomon worksheet are these questions from?

Yeah im stuck on the last one too :frown: its from solomon worksheet C integration
Original post by Lana21

For c could you take out the 2 on the denominator and then it's x^2 -4 which is the difference of 2 squares so factorise and do partial fractions and then intergrate
Reply 36
m.png
Original post by Khayes88
For c could you take out the 2 on the denominator and then it's x^2 -4 which is the difference of 2 squares so factorise and do partial fractions and then intergrate

this is the answer, i used partial fractions but it didnt work?...
This is solomon K.(C4) Can anyone help me with last part?plsss
A curve has the equation
x

xy
+ 2
y
= 1.
(a)
Find an expression for
d
d
y
x
in its simplest form in terms of
x
and
y
(5)
(b)
Show that the tangent to the curve at the point
P
(1, 2) has the equation
x

y
+ 1 = 0.
(3)
The tangent to the curve at the point
Q
is parallel to the tangent at
P
(c)
Find the coordinates of
Q
In C4 will they only ask for the volume of revolution of 2pi and 360 degrees or can it be like 150 degrees?
Original post by Lana21
m.pngthis is the answer, i used partial fractions but it didnt work?...

image-fdcb7f2a-1178-4d38-9f38-bd27bd6bd33f1062478979-compressed.jpg.jpeg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending