The Student Room Group

Cass Business School or Henley Business School??

I have been accepted for Real Estate Investment at Cass Business School (City University London) and for Real Estate Finance at Henley (Reading Uni).

I have been hearing a lot of good things about Cass Business School but obviously Reading as a uni is more well known and performs better in overall league tables.

Does anyone have advice on career prospects from either of the two unis, and general teaching standards?

Thank you!
Reply 1
Cass
Original post by tbrown7
I have been accepted for Real Estate Investment at Cass Business School (City University London) and for Real Estate Finance at Henley (Reading Uni).

I have been hearing a lot of good things about Cass Business School but obviously Reading as a uni is more well known and performs better in overall league tables.

Does anyone have advice on career prospects from either of the two unis, and general teaching standards?

Thank you!

Cass and Henley are both strong management brands in general, though I can't comment on those specific courses.

Which modules/structure do you like better? Which has better links with industry? Which has more graduates doing the jobs you'd want to end up doing? There will be plenty of rankings available online, but ultimately it's for you to decide what are the most important factors. 'General teaching standards' and 'career prospects' are subjective and rather meaningless without context. You will be able to succeed in either place. Good luck :smile:
Definitely Real Estate Finance from the Henley Business will be my recommended best bet. Great teaching standards, wider network and endearing careers development center. Career opportunities are limitless because they are well connected to the industry. From course structure/models to evening lectures from industry people are all shaped towards you succeeding in the real estate industry. Need I say more? Good luck!
Original post by trailblazer7
Definitely Real Estate Finance from the Henley Business will be my recommended best bet. Great teaching standards, wider network and endearing careers development center. Career opportunities are limitless because they are well connected to the industry. From course structure/models to evening lectures from industry people are all shaped towards you succeeding in the real estate industry.

That's a rather glowing recommendation for someone's first post on TSR. Do you have a connection with Henley?

Need I say more?

Yes please. What are you basing your opinion on?
Original post by Duncan2012
That's a rather glowing recommendation for someone's first post on TSR. Do you have a connection with Henley?

Yes please. What are you basing your opinion on?

Hi :smile: That's because I'm a student from Henley:smile:
Reply 6

Thanks! What sort of links do they have with the finance / investment industry? I am definitely interested in the investment side of real estate and working with an investment bank / fund after.

I know Cass has a strong reputation in this area so that is my main concern.
Reply 7
Hello.
I am from India and have got offers for masters from
1. University of Reading (Henley business school) - MSc International Business
2. Strathclyde University- Masters in International Banking and Finance
3. University of Exeter -MSc International Management.
Exeter has a Study abroad opportunity for a semester at * Mannheim Business School (Germany) * Copenhagen Business School (Denmark) * SDA Bocconi School of Management (Italy) * HEC Lausanne (Switzerland)
Reading is also planning an abroad visit this year.
I am also expecting an offer from Cranfield in Ms Management.
I am a commerce graduate from Mumbai University, India. And was simultaneously pursuing Chartered Accountancy and Company secretary. I plan to be back to India after the course and take on the reins of the family business along with trading in the equity market. So either of the courses content would be relevant to me.
I am also awaiting responses from warwick lse and imperial. But need to choose amongst the one I got offers from for now.

Which University would be the best choice for me?
Apologies for the long post. And Thanks :smile:
Reply 8
I am interested in your final decision. Would like to share with me? Surprisingly, I'm torn between a similar decision. Thank you.
Reply 9

Can you please help me out by telling , how's the MSC finance at Henley

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending