The Student Room Group

Imperial Business Schools vs CASS Business School

Hi all

I have offers from both CASS & Imperial for Executive MBA.

I need to decide by end of next week :smile:

I like CASS because of the proximity to the city, higher rank & marginally lower fees. On the other hand, Imperial has better brand value.

Will be great to get thoughts from this network between the two. My main criteria is quality of education/personal development & networking..

Many thanks
Pdern
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and gets back to you :h:
Reply 2
Imperial
Reply 3
I think Imperial, based on the brand and reputation. I think it's better known worldwide.
Defo Imperial! I'm not sure if Cass is even a target uni

In the UK, the best business schools, based upon the MBA ranking as a proxy for overall quality of education, working opportunities, prestige:

1st : ex- æquo: Cambridge Judge Business School - LBS - Oxford University
2nd : Warwick- Cass Business School- Imperial business school
3rd : Manchester- Bristol- Durham- Nottingham

When choosing a dregree, you must establish whether its value will increase with time or not.
Since Brexit, the only location which remains unconditionally a target for business schools is London. Warwick understood this a few years ago when they decided to set up a campus in the shard tower. Unfortunately, it only hosts executive programs, which in terms of overall value for money are worthless. Cass, Imperial and UCL certainly have the advantage of being situated in London. Cass in particular is positioned in the historical heart of Finance, the city of London. UCL is building campuses in Canary Wharf which isn't such a bad move.
Judging from the rankings, Cass is certainly a business school to take into consideration when judging the potential for future progression, for 2 reasons:
The current dean of the School Marianne Lewis is doing a tremendous job, leveraging her contacts through her father- the ex vice dean of Harvard Business School. Secondly, Research at Cass Business School has become internationally recognized as shown by the success of the Cass M&A research center managed by an ex-senior exec from Jp morgan and ex- professor at Oxford.
Imperial certainly is improving its rankings as it leverages its incredibly reputed math course. This constitutes a great advantage when it comes to the quant side of business school courses- financial mathematics.

To sum up, if you are interested in a degree outside of business, then consider a degree in economics from LSE or Oxbridge. These will get you into investment banking very easily.
If you're interested in Business School ( grad level) , Cass has the most potential to becoming very prestigious in the coming years, Imperial BS certainly follows in Cass's footsteps. Warwick is relatively safe, even though it will probably lose a part of its appeal because of its non proximity to the financial cente.
If your grades aren't too good, try to go abroad and go for a BBA at Essec Business School or EDHEDC in France; or one of the top spanish Bus schools. All of which are comparable to the list mentioned above and will get you farther than tier 3 British business Schools.

Dear all,

I received offers from:
- Kings College London: MSc Banking & Finance (I declined the offer)
- Cass Business School: MSc Investment Management (accepted offer, incl. paid deposit)
- Imperial College London: MSc Finance & Accounting (I declined offer)

I applied for the MSc Investment and Wealth Management at Imperial College London (would be my first choice). However, they were not able to offer me a place just yet; however, they offered me a place for their MSc Finance and Accounting program which really does not fit my interests (that's also why I declined this offer). Nonetheless, they did put me on their waiting list for the course I initially applied to (MSc Investment and Wealth Management) and I will know about the outcome on 30th May.

Since the only scenario where I end up with at least one MSc I already had to pay the deposit of £2,000 for Cass. I did read the terms and conditions of the deposit and know that I only have 14 days to cancel my confirmation (this is not enough time until I know about Imperial).

Don't get me wrong, Cass is fantastic and I am happy about being able to study there, but I just want to make the right decision.

I now want to ask this community:
1. Are there any other ways of getting back the deposit of £2,000 (in case I get the Imperial offer)?
2. Do you think it would be worth it to just leave the deposit with Cass and still go to Imperial (i. e. the deposit could be seen as a risk premium).
3. Is Imperial really that much better than Cass and what do you think in general about this topic?

Thank you for sharing your experience!
Reply 7
Original post by Litquidity
Dear all,
I received offers from:
- Kings College London: MSc Banking & Finance (I declined the offer)
- Cass Business School: MSc Investment Management (accepted offer, incl. paid deposit)
- Imperial College London: MSc Finance & Accounting (I declined offer)
I applied for the MSc Investment and Wealth Management at Imperial College London (would be my first choice). However, they were not able to offer me a place just yet; however, they offered me a place for their MSc Finance and Accounting program which really does not fit my interests (that's also why I declined this offer). Nonetheless, they did put me on their waiting list for the course I initially applied to (MSc Investment and Wealth Management) and I will know about the outcome on 30th May.
Since the only scenario where I end up with at least one MSc I already had to pay the deposit of £2,000 for Cass. I did read the terms and conditions of the deposit and know that I only have 14 days to cancel my confirmation (this is not enough time until I know about Imperial).
Don't get me wrong, Cass is fantastic and I am happy about being able to study there, but I just want to make the right decision.
I now want to ask this community:
1. Are there any other ways of getting back the deposit of £2,000 (in case I get the Imperial offer)?
2. Do you think it would be worth it to just leave the deposit with Cass and still go to Imperial (i. e. the deposit could be seen as a risk premium).
3. Is Imperial really that much better than Cass and what do you think in general about this topic?
Thank you for sharing your experience!

Hello, Im currently on the same situation as you were, what did you decide?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending