The Student Room Group

Cass or Henley business school?

Hi,
I have offers for MSc Business analytics at Cass Business School (City University London) and for MSc Business Technology Consulting at Henley (Reading Uni).

I have been hearing a lot of good things about Cass Business School but obviously Reading as a uni is more well known and performs better in overall league tables.

Does anyone have advice on career prospects from either of the two unis, and general teaching standards ?
Original post by Tejup
Hi,
I have offers for MSc Business analytics at Cass Business School (City University London) and for MSc Business Technology Consulting at Henley (Reading Uni).

I have been hearing a lot of good things about Cass Business School but obviously Reading as a uni is more well known and performs better in overall league tables.

Does anyone have advice on career prospects from either of the two unis, and general teaching standards ?

Hi,

I currently study undergraduate BA Business and Management at Henley Business School, University of Reading, so hopefully I can give a small insight. Personally, I have loved my time studying at Henley and found the business school excellent. The teaching standard is great and lecturers are friendly and approachable if you need further help and support, with all lecture material detailed in the topic / module. The school itself is very modern, with many individual and group study areas, a cafe and even a small library inside. The careers focus Henley put on is also great and their service for job prospects is very valuable. You can book meetings with careers advisers , to go over your CV, interview help or application tips before assessment days for future jobs. And personally, going through the placement process in my second year I found them very helpful.

I hope that has helped from an undergraduate perspective, understandable that things will be different for you studying a masters in Technology Consulting, but the school as a whole is an asset to the University itself.

Delia
3rd Year Business and Student Ambassador.
Reply 2
Hey, I may be able to answer part of your question since I am an offer holder at Cass. From having done my own research plus talking to alumni, I have heard both the pros and cons of going to Cass. However, one thing that was common in each person's argument was that Cass' careers service is exceptional - they help you with applications to grad schemes or full-time jobs and support you in every stage (regardless of what course you do). As for the BA course itself, I heard it is quite intellectually stimulating and is by no means easy (there wouldn't be a point in doing a master's if it was imo), which probably pertains to why Cass is ranked highly. Cass is ofc in London too which means links to employers etc. etc. Hearing from alumni, the BA course doesn't teach you to be a hardcore coder but it's more of a mixture between coding, management and other topics, which would essentially prepare you more than enough to be a Business Analyst. So it depends on your background/what you want to do. Haven't heard too much about Henley but Cass has consistently performed better than Henley in the league tables over the years.

I would suggest looking at FT rankings: http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/european-business-school-rankings-2019
Hi, I am in the same situation right now. So which one did you opt for and what would you suggest?
Original post by Amaira_10
Hi, I am in the same situation right now. So which one did you opt for and what would you suggest?

Hi @amaira_10

If you're unsure, maybe read some of our student case studies here which may give you a bit more insight into what it is like to study at Henley from a student perspective.

If you have any specific questions about the school or life in Reading in general, let us know! We'd love to help if we can.
Hope this can be of some use to you. Good luck with making your decision!

Skye :smile:
2nd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
Original post by joajoa
Hey, I may be able to answer part of your question since I am an offer holder at Cass. From having done my own research plus talking to alumni, I have heard both the pros and cons of going to Cass. However, one thing that was common in each person's argument was that Cass' careers service is exceptional - they help you with applications to grad schemes or full-time jobs and support you in every stage (regardless of what course you do). As for the BA course itself, I heard it is quite intellectually stimulating and is by no means easy (there wouldn't be a point in doing a master's if it was imo), which probably pertains to why Cass is ranked highly. Cass is ofc in London too which means links to employers etc. etc. Hearing from alumni, the BA course doesn't teach you to be a hardcore coder but it's more of a mixture between coding, management and other topics, which would essentially prepare you more than enough to be a Business Analyst. So it depends on your background/what you want to do. Haven't heard too much about Henley but Cass has consistently performed better than Henley in the league tables over the years.

I would suggest looking at FT rankings: http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/european-business-school-rankings-2019

Hi, I am currently holding a conditional offer for a BSc international business program. Assuming you would have completed your degree, how was the experience at Bayes? What are the career prospects like? Your answer would help me with my final decisions as an international student. Thank you in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending