The Student Room Group

Hello, my name is criggles!

I'm studying... GCSEs, History, Maths, Triple Science, English Lit and Lang, Spanish and ICT.

My study level is... GCSE
Are you going to leave the Falklands and go to university?
Original post by Trinculo
Are you going to leave the Falklands and go to university?

And A-levels. Due to a small population, there is no point in hiring A-level teachers for a class of 20 students, especially when they all want to take separate subjects, so the Falkland government will pay for us to study A-levels and university degrees.
Original post by criggles
And A-levels. Due to a small population, there is no point in hiring A-level teachers for a class of 20 students, especially when they all want to take separate subjects, so the Falkland government will pay for us to study A-levels and university degrees.

Is there a choice, or do you have to go to the UK? Do a lot of people come back, or leave Falklands forever?
Is there a choice, or do you have to go to the UK? Do a lot of people come back, or leave Falklands forever?

We do have a choice, we can leave school, do an apprenticeship, or do A-levels or a BTEC in the UK, followed by a degree anywhere we want in the world, but most choose the UK. Generally, most students will return back, but some leave forever, or return a lot later.
Original post by criggles
We do have a choice, we can leave school, do an apprenticeship, or do A-levels or a BTEC in the UK, followed by a degree anywhere we want in the world, but most choose the UK. Generally, most students will return back, but some leave forever, or return a lot later.

Thanks. I just find this the most interesting thing ever.

Sorry if I sound really ignorant...

Can you get amazon deliveries to the Falklands?
Thanks. I just find this the most interesting thing ever.

Sorry if I sound really ignorant...

Can you get amazon deliveries to the Falklands?

Don't worry about it. We can get some Amazon deliveries, but we don't get a lot of stuff. The only things that we can usually get is books, CDs and DVDs.

Quick Reply

Latest