The Student Room Group

The UFC Thread

The Ultimate Fighting Championship Thread is here.

UFC 225: Whittaker vs. Romero 2 is this weekend.

Main Card
Robert Whittaker (c) vs. Yoel Romero
Rafael dos Anjos vs.Colby Covington
Holly Holm vs.Megan Anderson
Andrei Arlovski vs.Tai Tuivasa
CM Punk vs.Mike Jackson

Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)
Alistair Overeem vs.Curtis Blaydes
Cláudia Gadelha vs.Carla Esparza
Ricardo Lamas vs.Mirsad Bektić
Rashad Coulter vs.Chris de la Rocha
Rashad Evans vs.Anthony Smith
Joseph Benavidez vs.Sergio Pettis
Clay Guida vs.Charles Oliveira
Mike Santiago vs.Dan Ige
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Go Colby, nerdbash 2018 is here and RDA is the second Brazilian that's gonna get it. I love Demian Maia btw.

I was rooting for Whittaker in the first fight but now want Yoel to win, Yoel is just such a legend, watch his JRE podcast featuring him and Uncle Joey.

I honestly don't care much for Holly Holm and think she has been the most pushed fighter ever, maybe joined with Mcgregor, title shot after titleshot, loss after loss. She beat that bum Bethe Correia ffs.

Andrei is a legend and I can never root against him, but Tuivasa has his big moment and the ufc wants him to win for sure. A win over Arlovski is massive even at this age.

Cm Punk vs Mike Jackson, I want CM Punk to win, the guy if nothing else is a real warrior and came to get some more after being dominated by Mickey. His post fight interview really showed his character.

Overeem vs Curtis is such a great fight, don't ever count Overeem out, he will smash up and comer Curtis Blades, They both lost to Francis though

Claudia will win imo

Dont really know Mirsad

Rooting for my boy Rashad Evans, have you watched that interview where he just lost and is like 'you know, fighting. It used to come so naturally to me. Now its just....', I nearly cried at that no joke

Benavidez is a great fighter but his personality sucks, I want Pettis to win

Charles Oliveira imo takes this unanimously
Reply 2
Yoel missed weight. Luke Rockhold tweeted 'Ha' and something along the line of 'Goodluck Whittaker the real champ'.

I liked Rockhold but he lost to Bisping, almost lost to Branch, got knocked out brutally by Yoel... And he got kissed while being out of it by Yoel Romero.

Yoel looked drained af at the weigh ins.
Weight cutting should be limited, they shouldn't let water hydration lower beyond a certain level
Reply 3
Original post by Randyyy
Go Colby, nerdbash 2018 is here and RDA is the second Brazilian that's gonna get it. I love Demian Maia btw.

I was rooting for Whittaker in the first fight but now want Yoel to win, Yoel is just such a legend, watch his JRE podcast featuring him and Uncle Joey.

LOOOL, Colby Cringington is just another Mcgregor wannabe, RDA gonna bust that fool up

As for Yoel, "Soldier of Steroids" Romero, how's he gonna beat whittaker when Whittaker beat him first fight with a blown out knee?
Reply 4
Original post by as125
LOOOL, Colby Cringington is just another Mcgregor wannabe, RDA gonna bust that fool up

As for Yoel, "Soldier of Steroids" Romero, how's he gonna beat whittaker when Whittaker beat him first fight with a blown out knee?

Yoel busted that fool up for the first 2 rounds, if he had 5more mins of energy he couldve taken r3 aswell and won. Fight could go either way.

Why'd you accuse him of doing steroids? If you look at a 20year old Romero he is still jacked, and he went through olympic testing and usada for a long time. You need to have more faith in human genetics.

I can't see Colby winning a stand up fight but he can use his wrestling to get to a dominant position and just rabbitpunch from there, like what Khabib does.
Reply 5
Who's watching it rn
Reply 6
What a card

Whittaker and Romero blew the house down.
Got to give it to Colby, he implemented a genius game plan with high pressure

Next up, Cm punk vs GOAT Artem lobov, book it DANA
Reply 7
Original post by as125
What a card

Whittaker and Romero blew the house down.
Got to give it to Colby, he implemented a genius game plan with high pressure

Next up, Cm punk vs GOAT Artem lobov, book it DANA

Colby was really impressive yeah, he showed himself to be more well rounded than I previously thought. Got to feel for my boy Romero, both times he was so close, but he started off just lookinf for a knockout show and gave the first round way too easily.

CM Punk is the man
Original post by Randyyy

I honestly don't care much for Holly Holm and think she has been the most pushed fighter ever, maybe joined with Mcgregor, title shot after titleshot, loss after loss. She beat that bum Bethe Correia ffs.

Andrei is a legend and I can never root against him, but Tuivasa has his big moment and the ufc wants him to win for sure. A win over Arlovski is massive even at this age.

Cm Punk vs Mike Jackson, I want CM Punk to win, the guy if nothing else is a real warrior and came to get some more after being dominated by Mickey. His post fight interview really showed his character.

Overeem vs Curtis is such a great fight, don't ever count Overeem out, he will smash up and comer Curtis Blades, They both lost to Francis though

Claudia will win imo

Dont really know Mirsad

Rooting for my boy Rashad Evans, have you watched that interview where he just lost and is like 'you know, fighting. It used to come so naturally to me. Now its just....', I nearly cried at that no joke

Benavidez is a great fighter but his personality sucks, I want Pettis to win

Charles Oliveira imo takes this unanimously

Unlucky bro, CM Punk lost, but even Dana White was saying he has no respect for Punk's opposition.
i want to see khabib vs connor mcregor
Reply 10
Original post by Randyyy
Colby was really impressive yeah, he showed himself to be more well rounded than I previously thought. Got to feel for my boy Romero, both times he was so close, but he started off just lookinf for a knockout show and gave the first round way too easily.

CM Punk is the man

I personally thought yoel won that fight even though I was supporting whittaker. Yoel almost had him got like twice but both fighters were unlucky because whittaker broke his right hand in the 1st round and yoel only had one eye but got to give it to Whittaker, he's a tough SOB.

But the fight was AMAZING.

All I can say is my boy CM Punk got heart.
Reply 11
Original post by Ibrahim_H
Unlucky bro, CM Punk lost, but even Dana White was saying he has no respect for Punk's opposition.

Yh Dana did say that Mike Jacksons a "Fuc**** Idiot" which he ain't wrong because he could have finished it

Original post by anonymous69gcse
i want to see khabib vs connor mcregor

Khabib to win by manslaughter

Keep your boy away from THE EAGLE
He was outclassed as the fight went on (Jackson was crispier with his punches) but he did well for the first half the first round but he was gassed by the end of it. He was throwing kicks quite early which would expend alot of energy and tbf, he dug in and stayed in the fight but odd his opponent, who himself seems to have come from a journalism/law background?, didn't finish him off. Punk was bloodied and battered by the end of it and was sent to hospital as a precaution but he seems to be OK.

With the week he's had, if you'd said he'd win his court case to avoid financial ruin and lose the fight last night, he'd have taken that. I would be amazed if he carried on and surely his team will encourage him to call it a day but I have to say, his time in the UFC and seeing him want to do well post-WWE has really made me like him on a personal level so good on him for giving it his best shot and putting in the work, but it's probably not going to end in success for him.
Reply 13
Punk/Jackson both done in UFC, White says.

Quick Reply

Latest