The Student Room Group

Studying makes me feel sick and I ruined my future :

Haha, yikes.

I am seriously at the end of my rope. I've just butchered by own chance of success but I just feel so tired and stressed and even sitting down to work makes me feel viscerally sick. What is even wrong with me? I've got English tomorrow and history the next day and I know some very vague stuff but nothing specific. Nothing has gone in.

I feel so isolated because I deleted all my social media and games and even restricted my internet browsing (yes even TSR) in preperation for exams since April but I've not even used that time well and now I've dumped myself in hot water because I just couldn't do much because it felt so awful and I can't remember so much...

My uni grades are kinda low (BCC) but I'm now even wondering if I've secured that even though I did well (for me) in my courseworks for those subjects (A* and an A) because they're a such low weighting! :frown:

I wonder what I should do? Like I absolutely know there's nothing I can do now for those that have gone and not really much for those to come. I just feel so awful about myself I dont know what to do with myself.

I just want to run and hide or be sick and I feel so isolated. I'm not even sure why I'm making this because I'm not a victim, just a bit of an idiot. But I suppose I had to say something

Thanks for reading guys anyway. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Haha, yikes.

I am seriously at the end of my rope. I've just butchered by own chance of success but I just feel so tired and stressed and even sitting down to work makes me feel viscerally sick. What is even wrong with me? I've got English tomorrow and history the next day and I know some very vague stuff but nothing specific. Nothing has gone in.

I feel so isolated because I deleted all my social media and games and even restricted my internet browsing (yes even TSR) in preperation for exams since April but I've not even used that time well and now I've dumped myself in hot water because I just couldn't do much because it felt so awful and I can't remember so much...

My uni grades are kinda low (BCC) but I'm now even wondering if I've secured that even though I did well (for me) in my courseworks for those subjects (A* and an A) because they're a such low weighting! :frown:

I wonder what I should do? Like I absolutely know there's nothing I can do now for those that have gone and not really much for those to come. I just feel so awful about myself I dont know what to do with myself.

I just want to run and hide or be sick and I feel so isolated. I'm not even sure why I'm making this because I'm not a victim, just a bit of an idiot. But I suppose I had to say something

Look - if you still have some time before your exams, read over your notes, and try and identify the areas where you feel the least confident, and focus on those. Try and practise some essays under exam conditions, and then go into the exam, and do the best you can.

At the moment a defeatist mentality will not assist you. You may be surprised, when you are in the exam, exactly what you can recall, and how much you know. Most people feel unprepared for exams, even although they are very well prepared. this may just be the jitters you are experiencing.

try and relax the night before the exam and get a good night's sleep. This will serve you will in terms of reducing stress, and focusing on the task in hand.

After you have finished your exams, try and put it behind you. Go and talk to your careers advice/school counsellor and ask for advice. The worst case scenario is that you will then have a safety net that you do not use.

try and take this one step at a time. Revise. Prepare. Exam. Then explore what next.

Best of luck
Reply 2
Haha, yikes.

First of all :hugs:

I was someone who was in your situation during both my GCSEs and A levels. I had two major depressive episodes during those 4 years, each of which lasted about 6 months. This meant that I struggled to cope with my studies, isolated myself and ended up getting very ill.

The thing is nobody ever really tells you the reality of what happens beyond A levels. For me, I got sucky grades, took two years out and ended up at a small university. I have had another episode lately and my degree is tough but I'm just trying to reach the end. You can always resit if you don't do well. Always put your health first, and if you're feeling like this it might be worth visiting your GP or speaking to someone you trust about how you are feeling.
Reply 3
Hahaha😅 are we living the same life because this is honestly me, studying the same subjects and all.i get like this so often to the point were i tanked my history coursework, got a chance to redo it and i think i tanked again because i used other peoples work as a refrence which may probally jave come off as plagarism. Tbh the best one can do is to get someone who lives with you (mum, sis,bro by any chance) to continously check on you and force you to do the work. Like force them to demand the work that you'd say you'd do from you. Because honestly even though it will feel annoying at times and toy still might fell nauseous. When you get into exam rooms you will know more thatn you thought. Good luck though 🙏
Original post by kyuugirl
Hahaha😅 are we living the same life because this is honestly me, studying the same subjects and all.i get like this so often to the point were i tanked my history coursework, got a chance to redo it and i think i tanked again because i used other peoples work as a refrence which may probally jave come off as plagarism. Tbh the best one can do is to get someone who lives with you (mum, sis,bro by any chance) to continously check on you and force you to do the work. Like force them to demand the work that you'd say you'd do from you. Because honestly even though it will feel annoying at times and toy still might fell nauseous. When you get into exam rooms you will know more thatn you thought. Good luck though 🙏

This thread’s over 3 years old lol.
Reply 5
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
This thread’s over 3 years old lol.

😂😂😂 this is why i'm failing life
Haha, yikes.

I know its been 4 years since you posted this question, even if there is a tiny chance that you will see this I just wanted to know how you are doing?

I am currently studying B.Sc Psychology, this wasn't always a choice the country that I come from has an entrance exam for medicine right after you finish your 12th grade. I always wanted to study medicine and become an army doctor. The thing is for grade 10 to 12 I did not study at all, I could blame it on a lot of shifting taking place in my family and having an unstable household but I can assure you I am not to pity for, was not the victim. I am pretty sure I was just a fool who was very foolish and was very lazy and during those years I gave up on the idea of pursuing medicine.
I am in my 3rd year of my course and I want to study medicine, I want to be a good doctor and have planned to give the entrance exam once more this year and I am trying to prepare for the exam but i feel the way that you felt, sitting to study make me feel viscerally sick. I get anxious thinking about the vast portion, I know that it is highly unlikely that I could get into the college that I want to go, but i tell myself that it is hard but not impossible and when I do try, I am not able to concentrate my mind wanders, When I try to study I get anxious like really anxious.
I don't know what to do with my life, I want to do something meaningful where I can impact others in a positive way, where i am contribute to the society in a crucial way.
I feel like I have failed in my life.
Sometimes I just wish I could just start over. Sometimes I wish I get some sort of disease which I will succumb to so that I don't scar anyone I know.
I don't know what to do?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Haha, yikes.

Hi, I think you have done quite well in writing about the ordeals of

Quick Reply

Latest