The Student Room Group

Hello, my name is JWats87!

I'm studying... my Master's in Graphic Design this autumn (fall) at Middlesex University

I'm interested in... finding out information on accommodation and student life at Middlesex University

My study level is... Other
Original post by JWats87
I'm studying... my Master's in Graphic Design this autumn (fall) at Middlesex University

I'm interested in... finding out information on accommodation and student life at Middlesex University

My study level is... Other

Hello,

I am currently studying at Middlesex University and I lived in the halls.
I really enjoyed my time there as it was a very good way to make friends and to get to know the university without having to worry about bills or taxes :smile:

We have 5 different types of accommodation, some en-suit, others non en-suit. It all depends on what you are looking for and how much you want to spend. Unite Halls is the newest and it is in Wembley, a very vibrant area. While Usher Halls is in front of the university :smile:
I lived in Ivy Halls and I had a very big room! It was also only one bus ride away, so very easy to get to campus.
Have a look here: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/life-at-middlesex/accommodation/halls-of-residence

In terms of social life, there are so many societies to join! From the academic ones, to the ones of general interest, to the religious ones, to the campaigning ones. https://www.mdxsu.com/societies

There are loads of team sports to join and volunteering opportunities as well. Freshers is also really good fun!
You can join all these activities during Freshers as well as joining parties, trips around London and give it a go sport sessions :smile:

Hope it helps, let me know if you have any questions

Ludovica
Reply 2
Hi Ludovica,

Thanks for replying to my post!

I just found out that I've been offered a place in Unite Halls - Wembley (I'll be submitting my contract shortly), so I'm definitely excited!!!

One question I do have is regarding international students. I want to attend orientation in September, however my contract for Unite Halls is due to start on the same day of orientation. I was wondering if you knew of the Accommodations team allowing for international students to move in early in order to attend orientation?

Thanks again for answering my questions!

Jess

Original post by Middlesex University
Hello,

I am currently studying at Middlesex University and I lived in the halls.
I really enjoyed my time there as it was a very good way to make friends and to get to know the university without having to worry about bills or taxes :smile:

We have 5 different types of accommodation, some en-suit, others non en-suit. It all depends on what you are looking for and how much you want to spend. Unite Halls is the newest and it is in Wembley, a very vibrant area. While Usher Halls is in front of the university :smile:
I lived in Ivy Halls and I had a very big room! It was also only one bus ride away, so very easy to get to campus.
Have a look here: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/life-at-middlesex/accommodation/halls-of-residence

In terms of social life, there are so many societies to join! From the academic ones, to the ones of general interest, to the religious ones, to the campaigning ones. https://www.mdxsu.com/societies

There are loads of team sports to join and volunteering opportunities as well. Freshers is also really good fun!
You can join all these activities during Freshers as well as joining parties, trips around London and give it a go sport sessions :smile:

Hope it helps, let me know if you have any questions

Ludovica
Original post by JWats87
Hi Ludovica,

Thanks for replying to my post!

I just found out that I've been offered a place in Unite Halls - Wembley (I'll be submitting my contract shortly), so I'm definitely excited!!!

One question I do have is regarding international students. I want to attend orientation in September, however my contract for Unite Halls is due to start on the same day of orientation. I was wondering if you knew of the Accommodations team allowing for international students to move in early in order to attend orientation?

Thanks again for answering my questions!

Jess

Hi Jess,

that is great!
I lived in the halls and the contact started on the same day of orientation as well.
If you arrive on that day, it means that we can come and pick you up at the airport and take you to the halls. There are not events going on the first day of orientation, so you can just move in and attend the events the second day of orientation.
however, if you really prefer moving earlier, you can always e-mail [email protected] and see if they an give you the room before.

Hope it helps
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a great day
Ludovica
Reply 4
Thanks Ludovica :smile:

From your information and from my own sleuthing online, it looks like I'll be able to leave the States on Sept.16th and arrive the next day. I haven't applied for my visa just yet, but when I do, do you have any recommended tips for booking flight(s)?

Jess

Hi Jess,

that is great!
I lived in the halls and the contact started on the same day of orientation as well.
If you arrive on that day, it means that we can come and pick you up at the airport and take you to the halls. There are not events going on the first day of orientation, so you can just move in and attend the events the second day of orientation.
however, if you really prefer moving earlier, you can always e-mail [email protected] and see if they an give you the room before.

Hope it helps

Have a great day
Ludovica
Original post by JWats87

From your information and from my own sleuthing online, it looks like I'll be able to leave the States on Sept.16th and arrive the next day. I haven't applied for my visa just yet, but when I do, do you have any recommended tips for booking flight(s)?

Jess

Hi Jess,

That is great!
For the flights, just make sure to arrive at Heathrow airport so we can come and pick you up on the 17th of September :smile:

Good luck and let me know if I can help you in any other way :smile:
Have a lovely day
Ludovica
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6

Another question I was wondering about is whether Middlesex has an archery sports society or club on campus? I checked out the Students' Union web page, but I didn't see anything of the sort listed.

Also, does Middlesex have an on campus gym facility available for students to use?

Jess

Hi Jess,

That is great!
For the flights, just make sure to arrive at Heathrow airport so we can come and pick you up on the 17th of September :smile:

Good luck and let me know if I can help you in any other way :smile:
Have a lovely day
Ludovica
Original post by JWats87

Another question I was wondering about is whether Middlesex has an archery sports society or club on campus? I checked out the Students' Union web page, but I didn't see anything of the sort listed.

Also, does Middlesex have an on campus gym facility available for students to use?

Jess

Hi Jess,

Unfortunately we do not have an archery sport society, but there is one in Hampstead, really close to the campus! http://newsite.hampsteadbowmen.com/

We have loads of different sports and societies, if you would like to join any of them and trying something new :smile:
We have a very good gym and loads of fitness classes!
It is only 20 pounds a month and open from 6.45am till 10pm.
Have a look here:
https://www.mdx.ac.uk/life-at-middlesex/sport/sports-facilities/our-gym

Hope you have a lovely day!
Ludovica

Quick Reply

Latest