The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Blepharitis

Hi, check with your doctor/optician first, but works for me after 8+ years of trying EVERYTHING. Take 2 ramekin dishes, half fill with boiled water. Allow to cool, warm but not hot. Add 1/4 of a TEASPOON of sea salt to each dish. With eyes closed, bathe eyes using solution with cotton pads (don't cross contaminate) for 10 - 15 secs x 3 times. With eyes closed take 2 Q-tips and dip in solution and wipe across lid where lashes meet x 3. With eyes open wipe lashes under lash line, NOT above lash line nearest eye x 1. Any irritation, STOP. If you get a reaction from swimming in the sea - DON'T TRY. Please let me know if this works for you, I really hope it does.
Hey, I want to tell you that no matter what anyone says about blepharitis, it is totally curable and that too naturally, yes you read it right!In the beginning, I started having tiny dandruff crust on the eyelid margin. At first, I totally ignored it but grew severe by time, it started getting red and very swollen. I would have severe dry eyes and sometimes very watery eyes. I would have a gritty feeling in the eyes and the eyelash follicles were so inflamed. I also observed that my eyelashes were heading downwards. I really got scared and went to the doctor, that is where I got to know that I have blepharitis, not curable, and will be lifelong. The beginning days were full of misery and depression. I totally got frustrated with the fact of having it throughout life. Then went to numerous doctors but the answer was the same, "it's chronic".

Then I started surfing the internet and founded out that everyone was just talking and advising about hot compresses, antibiotics, and steroids(never-ever take steroids). Then something got my attention, in a website it was written that it is linked to the gut and is an inflammation of the eyelids. I searched more on inflammation and saw that inflammation is caused by autoimmune conditions and allergies. Autoimmune conditions and allergies occur when there is something wrong in your digestive system: it can be leaky gut, fatty liver, malabsorption, unbalancing of gut microbiota, etc. I founded remedies and ways to heal my gut. And within a month, I started getting results. I observed that tiny dandruff vanished and the redness is gone! After a few weeks following the diet I just saw the whole thing was gone! NO REDNESS, NO DRY EYES, NO SWOLLEN EYES, and THE EYELASHES GREW BACK UPWARDS AND GREW LONG AND CLEAN AND NO WATERY EYES. The bloody eye monster was cured!

You don't need to use any cleansing, any pads, wet ones, hot compresses, antibiotics, steroids, and BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!

All that you need is to take care of yourself and heal your body's functioning. Improve your diet and embrace yourself. Today when I look at my healthy eyes I realize all this was worth it.

Here is my diet and exercise routine:-

1. YOGA: It is the most powerful thing to cure any disease and the major part that cured my blepharitis was yoga. Some yoga postures for a healthy digestive system, autoimmune and skin conditions, allergies(and blepharitis) are Kapalbhati, Anulom-vilom, Pranayam, Surya Namaskar(google them out they are really a cure).

2. Plenty of exercises.

3. Stay Hydrated.

4. Chew your food to paste so that the nutrients can be absorbed and the gut will heal.

5. Eat plenty of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin c.

6. Improve your immune system.

7. Add turmeric to your diet, it is a natural healer and calms down inflammation.

It's worth it just give it a try as it does not has any side effects but only benefits. Please contact me for further queries and don't give up and get depressed. Please be consistent and continue them for at least 2 months and you'll be cured. Its been 5 years since then and it has never come back.

Thank you and spread out love and health to all. May God bless you with lots of happiness, health, and light!
(edited 3 years ago)
R U bots?
Reply 3
Original post by TheCoolBro
R U bots?

they probably are bubyyy
Original post by Healthandlight
Hey, I want to tell you that no matter what anyone says about blepharitis, it is totally curable and that too naturally, yes you read it right!In the beginning, I started having tiny dandruff crust on the eyelid margin. At first, I totally ignored it but grew severe by time, it started getting red and very swollen. I would have severe dry eyes and sometimes very watery eyes. I would have a gritty feeling in the eyes and the eyelash follicles were so inflamed. I also observed that my eyelashes were heading downwards. I really got scared and went to the doctor, that is where I got to know that I have blepharitis, not curable, and will be lifelong. The beginning days were full of misery and depression. I totally got frustrated with the fact of having it throughout life. Then went to numerous doctors but the answer was the same, "it's chronic".

Then I started surfing the internet and founded out that everyone was just talking and advising about hot compresses, antibiotics, and steroids(never-ever take steroids). Then something got my attention, in a website it was written that it is linked to the gut and is an inflammation of the eyelids. I searched more on inflammation and saw that inflammation is caused by autoimmune conditions and allergies. Autoimmune conditions and allergies occur when there is something wrong in your digestive system: it can be leaky gut, fatty liver, malabsorption, unbalancing of gut microbiota, etc. I founded remedies and ways to heal my gut. And within a month, I started getting results. I observed that tiny dandruff vanished and the redness is gone! After a few weeks following the diet I just saw the whole thing was gone! NO REDNESS, NO DRY EYES, NO SWOLLEN EYES, and THE EYELASHES GREW BACK UPWARDS AND GREW LONG AND CLEAN AND NO WATERY EYES. The bloody eye monster was cured!

You don't need to use any cleansing, any pads, wet ones, hot compresses, antibiotics, steroids, and BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!

All that you need is to take care of yourself and heal your body's functioning. Improve your diet and embrace yourself. Today when I look at my healthy eyes I realize all this was worth it.

Here is my diet and exercise routine:-

1. YOGA: It is the most powerful thing to cure any disease and the major part that cured my blepharitis was yoga. Some yoga postures for a healthy digestive system, autoimmune and skin conditions, allergies(and blepharitis) are Kapalbhati, Anulom-vilom, Pranayam, Surya Namaskar(google them out they are really a cure).

2. Plenty of exercises.

3. Stay Hydrated.

4. Chew your food to paste so that the nutrients can be absorbed and the gut will heal.

5. Eat plenty of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin c.

6. Improve your immune system.

7. Add turmeric to your diet, it is a natural healer and calms down inflammation.

It's worth it just give it a try as it does not has any side effects but only benefits. Please contact me for further queries and don't give up and get depressed. Please be consistent and continue them for at least 2 months and you'll be cured. Its been 5 years since then and it has never come back.

Thank you and spread out love and health to all. May God bless you with lots of happiness, health, and light!

how is your blepharitis now
Original post by yourachel22
how is your blepharitis now

I saw your message on the other thread about OF. The uni could expel the girl for explicit content.
Original post by Wired_1800
I saw your message on the other thread about OF. The uni could expel the girl for explicit content.

Oh really.. I was thinking of doing it. Student finance just isn't enough honestly like how will I survive with only £300 from september till January :frown:
Oh really.. I was thinking of doing it. Student finance just isn't enough honestly like how will I survive with only £300 from september till January :frown:

You will be getting £300 from September till January? I cannot believe that. Has your SF calculation included parental contribution?

Please ask for bursary or financial support. Dont do Onlyfans.
Original post by Wired_1800
You will be getting £300 from September till January? I cannot believe that. Has your SF calculation included parental contribution?

Please ask for bursary or financial support. Dont do Onlyfans.

Yes, I calculated how much student finance will give in September - the rent for my uni accomodation and I'll be left with £300.

And yes my SF was also base on my parents income; and no, my parents are unable to give me money.

Considering 0F wasn't part of my plans, however it seems as a last resort now. I do have an audience on social media that ask all the time for me to make one.

I am chronically ill as well so getting a "real job" would be hard for me, as I'm always in chronic pain. I did take a gap year last year and managed to save £1k so far from social media (not 0F or adult content), just as a small influencer working with brands. So I guess, that may help me a bit in September.
Yes, I calculated how much student finance will give in September - the rent for my uni accomodation and I'll be left with £300.

And yes my SF was also base on my parents income; and no, my parents are unable to give me money.

Considering 0F wasn't part of my plans, however it seems as a last resort now. I do have an audience on social media that ask all the time for me to make one.

I am chronically ill as well so getting a "real job" would be hard for me, as I'm always in chronic pain. I did take a gap year last year and managed to save £1k so far from social media (not 0F or adult content), just as a small influencer working with brands. So I guess, that may help me a bit in September.

This is absurd. If your SF plan included parental contribution, your parents should help you out. You do not have to do Onlyfans to survive uni.

Can you request an SF reassessment and inform them that your parents cannot support you? Please dont do onlyfans, it degrades women.

Maybe wise heads like @Muttley79 @StriderHort @Surnia @Scotney @Cote1 @threeportdrift could share some advice.

Have you applied for DSA?

I would have thought your parents can give you the money they are saving from you not being at home e.g. food, heating your room etc.

Did you pick the cheapest accommodation?

Latest