The Student Room Group

Hello, I'm David.

My name is David, I'm 17 years old and I just finished my AS year.

Many thanks for the warm welcomes that I've already received.

Scroll to see replies

Welcome to TSR, David!
Reply 2
Original post by sanaa17
well that's not nice , why is there a need to say that ? Ignore this dude David .

Just report that and it will be dealt with quite severely by the CT.
Welcome to tsr david, sorry your entrance was facilitated by such tragic circumstances but you are a most welcome member :hugs:
Original post by dvx

What subjects are you taking?
Reply 5
@dvx what subjects are you currently taking? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by _gcx
What subjects are you taking?

Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
@dvx what subjects are you currently taking? :smile:

I take Mathematics, Electronics and Chemistry. I will also be taking up a Finance course next year which is a Level 3 course.

Original post by CoolCavy
Welcome to tsr david, sorry your entrance was facilitated by such tragic circumstances but you are a most welcome member :hugs:

Many thanks for your warm welcome. :heart:
Original post by dvx
I take Mathematics, Electronics and Chemistry. I will also be taking up a Finance course next year which is a Level 3 course.

Many thanks for your warm welcome. :heart:

Glad to have you here. The maths forum here is great if you ever need help or just want to talk about maths. (who doesn't?) My school offers finance too, but the two teachers are crap so it's viewed as a doss and has left a bad impression :redface: I'm sure it'll be way better with good teachers :tongue:
Original post by dvx

Welcome David. I'm sorry that such sad circumstances bring you here but you are very welcome :smile:

Just ask if you need Maths help ...
Reply 9
Original post by _gcx
Glad to have you here. The maths forum here is great if you ever need help or just want to talk about maths. (who doesn't?) My school offers finance too, but the two teachers are crap so it's viewed as a doss and has left a bad impression :redface: I'm sure it'll be way better with good teachers :tongue:

Original post by Muttley79
Welcome David. I'm sorry that such sad circumstances bring you here but you are very welcome :smile:

Just ask if you need Maths help ...

Great to see that there's a maths forum. I struggled with Mathematics a little this year, I managed to get a C (which I'm quite happy with), so that'll definitely be useful.
Weeelcomee :hugs:
Ayye David
Original post by dvx
Great to see that there's a maths forum. I struggled with Mathematics a little this year, I managed to get a C (which I'm quite happy with), so that'll definitely be useful.

A C is decent! :smile: There are other subforums but they are not as good active. (makes sense since iirc maths is the most popular A-level)
Welcome David!
Nice subjects you take there, wish my school hadn't got rid of electronics!

Original post by _gcx
A C is decent! :smile: There are other subforums but they are not as good active. (makes sense since iirc maths is the most popular A-level)

By just a couple of hundred thousand (if I'm not making that up)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by dvx

Hi!
I'm soon to be 16!😋
x
Reply 15
Original post by dvx
I take Mathematics, Electronics and Chemistry.

How are you finding Chemistry? I’ve heard from people who take it at my school that they struggle with the maths-y concepts and sadly, they didn’t do so well in their mocks.
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
How are you finding Chemistry? I’ve heard from people who take it at my school that they struggle with the maths-y concepts and sadly, they didn’t do so well in their mocks.

I got a B in AS Chemistry :smile:. I found it really difficult, I had to go to support sessions a lot. I was very proud of the B grade, as it was not far off an A. I don't think I struggled much with the mathematics side of it, it's just I struggled with all the content and revising it all in time.

Original post by Lemur14
Welcome David!
Nice subjects you take there, wish my school hadn't got rid of electronics!

By just a couple of hundred thousand (if I'm not making that up)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Electronics is a fun A level. I did it at GCSE (and got an A), and I got an A at AS. Sadly, the rest of the class got a C or below, possibly due to the extremely high grade boundaries in the written paper. It's a shame they got rid of it, it's a good qualification to take.
Original post by dvx

Welcome David. id like to add my apologies to any trolls you get. Report them and they will be dealt with.

Also, sorry for the circumstances you are joining us. :console:

I would like to welcome you though :smile: Look forward getting to know you, and any help I as any of my lovely volunteer colleagues will be happy to help you :h:

Jack (CA in Relationships)
Original post by dvx

Electronics is a fun A level. I did it at GCSE (and got an A), and I got an A at AS. Sadly, the rest of the class got a C or below, possibly due to the extremely high grade boundaries in the written paper. It's a shame they got rid of it, it's a good qualification to take.

I did it at GCSE as well :five: Was a great 3 years (we did GCSEs over 3 years)
That's a great result! Especially when the rest of the class didn't do so well. Do you want to do electronics in the future? Yeah it was, apparently the teacher that taught it at my school was great as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya David, how's it going bud :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest