The Student Room Group

Student Finance

Hello I am 23 and going into my second year, I moved out of my parents house nearly 2 years ago. I do not have a good relationship with my parenst and I am fully finacially indapendant, so why is it still going of my parents income and not my household. this makes no sense.
Hi Olivia. If you are under 25 we require your parents financial details regardless if you live with them or not. This is different if you are estranged from your parents, do you have zero contact with them? Thanks. David
Hi oliviab163,

We usually consider you as dependent on your parents until you turn 25 and take their income into account when calculating your maintenance loan. Do you still have contact with your parents?

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 3
Original post by David SLC
Hi Olivia. If you are under 25 we require your parents financial details regardless if you live with them or not. This is different if you are estranged from your parents, do you have zero contact with them? Thanks. David

That makes no sense as I’m financially independent and pay my own rent and bills which is hard as I’m unable to work yet I’m getting the minimum loan. No I still have contact with them
If you still have contact with them we cannot consider you estranged. Have you been supporting yourself financially for at least 3 years (36 months total) ? Thanks again, David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending