The Student Room Group

Hello, I'm David.

Scroll to see replies

Hi there!
Welcome comrade :smile:
Original post by dvx
I got a B in AS Chemistry :smile:. I found it really difficult, I had to go to support sessions a lot. I was very proud of the B grade, as it was not far off an A. I don't think I struggled much with the mathematics side of it, it's just I struggled with all the content and revising it all in time.

Well done on the B in AS Chem given how difficult you found it, your hard work clearly paid off! I'm in Year 12 as well, but if you want Chem help then feel free to ask and there's the Chem help forum as well
Hi David!
Is this your first time on TSR? Please let us know what you're hoping to obtain here so that we could help you with it :smile:
Btw, You're trapped here now:devil3:
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi David,

A very warm welcome to you.
Original post by Guava Juice
Hi David!
Is this your first time on TSR? Please let us know what you're hoping to obtain here so that we could help you with it :smile:
Btw, You're trapped here now:devil3:

Just here so I could answer questions personally regarding the Quizlet incident but otherwise I now have this account just to answer things from time to time. I'm not addicted yet :haha:.

Original post by Volibear
Welcome, David :hello:

Many thanks!
Ahh, I’ve just realised you’re the friend of Quizlet. I hope you are doing well. ❤️

Welcome to TSR!!

How have you been finding your A-Levels so far? I’m about to enter my last year of sixth form (it’s a year 14 though! 😬) A-Level electronics sounds interesting, I’ve not heard of that before 🤔
Original post by FloralHybrid
Ahh, I’ve just realised you’re the friend of Quizlet. I hope you are doing well. ❤️

Welcome to TSR!!

How have you been finding your A-Levels so far? I’m about to enter my last year of sixth form (it’s a year 14 though! 😬) A-Level electronics sounds interesting, I’ve not heard of that before 🤔

I'm finding my A levels pretty good. Not a lot of people know about Electronics, only a few do it at A level and fewer do it at GCSE. A few people at TSR have done Electronics at GCSE/A level, Lemur being one of them. :smile:
Original post by dvx
I'm finding my A levels pretty good. Not a lot of people know about Electronics, only a few do it at A level and fewer do it at GCSE. A few people at TSR have done Electronics at GCSE/A level, Lemur being one of them. :smile:

I wish I’d heard of it before picking my A-Levels / sixth form! I took GCSE ICT + Comp Sci but Electronics was never an option. Good luck in your second year of sixth form!
Original post by dvx
I got a B in AS Chemistry :smile:. I found it really difficult, I had to go to support sessions a lot. I was very proud of the B grade, as it was not far off an A. I don't think I struggled much with the mathematics side of it, it's just I struggled with all the content and revising it all in time.

Electronics is a fun A level. I did it at GCSE (and got an A), and I got an A at AS. Sadly, the rest of the class got a C or below, possibly due to the extremely high grade boundaries in the written paper. It's a shame they got rid of it, it's a good qualification to take.

Hi David. I’m sorry about the tragic circumstances that have brought you here.

What exam board are you with for chemistry?
I looked at Quizlet's AS grades and I am just so surprised that someone with bone cancer managed to get the absolute top grades in all their subjects. How did Quizlet do that despite having bone caner in the run up to his exams? I have read that bone caner is extremely painful to put up with
Welcome, David - it's a pleasure to have you in our community.
Original post by Andrew97
Hi David. I’m sorry about the tragic circumstances that have brought you here.

What exam board are you with for chemistry?

AQA :smile:

Original post by The RAR
I looked at Quizlet's AS grades and I am just so surprised that someone with bone cancer managed to get the absolute top grades in all their subjects. How did Quizlet do that despite having bone caner in the run up to his exams? I have read that bone caner is extremely painful to put up with

He was in quite a lot of pain but he persevered. He came to college nearly everyday, he did the work, he did the revision (and started much earlier than everyone else) and he had a passion for all of his subjects and you normally don't see passionate people in any of your classes. He liked to learn new things and he didn't find it tiring. His marks were rather phenomenal considering his circumstances, he ranked very highly against his peers (I think he got the highest in the cohort for all his subjects)
For all wondering about his external Physics result. The exam board will still issue his result to the college on results day and his parents will get his Physics grade. If I get permission to, then I will post it on his "Quizlet going to college" thread.
Original post by dvx
My name is David, I'm 17 years old and I just finished my AS year.

Many thanks for the warm welcomes that I've already received.

Hi David :hello:

I'm so sorry for the circumstances you had to go through, and I hope you're feeling better now.

Glad to see your own personal account on TSR :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest