The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Could I still change undergrad law course from 3 years to 4

I'm going to Surrey this year for my first year to study Law LLB (M100). I was wondering if it would be possible to transfer from the this course to Law LLB (M102). The difference between the two is that the the M102 is a four year course instead of a three year course. I'd spend one extra year doing a training placement. This is something that I would really like to do but would it be possible?
Original post by Konlad
I'm going to Surrey this year for my first year to study Law LLB (M100). I was wondering if it would be possible to transfer from the this course to Law LLB (M102). The difference between the two is that the the M102 is a four year course instead of a three year course. I'd spend one extra year doing a training placement. This is something that I would really like to do but would it be possible?

Contact the university and ask them? If there’s spaces I don’t see they wouldn’t transfer u. Do it asap tho.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
You could if they let you.
Original post by Konlad

Ask them. It’ll depend on places etc. We can’t give you an answer, but they can.
You probably can. Me and a friend both chose the 3 year course and were given the option to change it to 4 year course when we were in year 2, and looking for placements. Similarly, my friend chose the 4 year course but didn’t want to do a placement year so was put onto the 3 year course.

Obviously it changes at different unis but you could ask them and find out, but in second year you’ll probably be given the option and more information on placements then
Original post by Konlad

Hi there,

You need to speak to your Faculty directly about this. Generally speaking it is easier to move within the same Faculty than moving to a new one. But it depends on places available etc. Their web page is here; https://www.surrey.ac.uk/faculty-arts-social-sciences
Where you can find the contact info and more general information :-)
I hope this helps!
Harry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending