The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Official University of Surrey Applicant Thread for 2024

The Official University of Surrey 2024 Entry Thread

University-of-Surrey.jpg
Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Surrey for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Surrey.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Surrey do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Surrey specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I would like to apply computing with business management in Surrey. They require either mathematics, computer science, computing or software development. But I study A level digital technology and business. Do you think they will consider these subjects? Or will a straight rejection cos I don't have the required subject?
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I would like to apply computing with business management in Surrey. They require either mathematics, computer science, computing or software development. But I study A level digital technology and business. Do you think they will consider these subjects? Or will a straight rejection cos I don't have the required subject?

Based on the website, you don’t seem to meet the requirements:

https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/computing-business-management?term=computing%20with%20business%20management#entry

“A-level
Overall: ABB.

Required subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Computing or Software Systems Development.

Please note: A-level General Studies and A-level Critical Thinking are not accepted.

GCSE or equivalent: English Language at Grade C(4) and Mathematics at Grade B(5) (or equivalent).

Do I meet the requirements for this course?
We require you to submit a full application so that we can formally assess whether you meet the criteria published. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide an outcome based on an enquiry (via email, webform enquiry, phone or live chat).”

So I’m assuming instant rejection but I don’t know
@artful_lounger
Original post by Talkative Toad
Based on the website, you don’t seem to meet the requirements:

https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/computing-business-management?term=computing%20with%20business%20management#entry

“A-level
Overall: ABB.

Required subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Computing or Software Systems Development.

Please note: A-level General Studies and A-level Critical Thinking are not accepted.

GCSE or equivalent: English Language at Grade C(4) and Mathematics at Grade B(5) (or equivalent).

Do I meet the requirements for this course?
We require you to submit a full application so that we can formally assess whether you meet the criteria published. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide an outcome based on an enquiry (via email, webform enquiry, phone or live chat).”

So I’m assuming instant rejection but I don’t know
@artful_lounger

Hard to say really, I hadn't even heard of that A-level before now...it's not listed but it might just be an uncommon subject and may or may not meet their requirements.

I would recommend contacting the uni to ask if A-level Digital Technology meets their subject requirement for that course.

They do have a foundation year available so you may be able to apply to the foundation year then go onto that course if they won't accept it for direct entry - may also be worth asking if they won't accept for direct entry whether that degree can be progressed onto from one of their foundation years. Then at least you can consider that option too :smile:
Original post by artful_lounger
Hard to say really, I hadn't even heard of that A-level before now...it's not listed but it might just be an uncommon subject and may or may not meet their requirements.

I would recommend contacting the uni to ask if A-level Digital Technology meets their subject requirement for that course.

They do have a foundation year available so you may be able to apply to the foundation year then go onto that course if they won't accept it for direct entry - may also be worth asking if they won't accept for direct entry whether that degree can be progressed onto from one of their foundation years. Then at least you can consider that option too :smile:

Seems to be a Welsh/NI qualification:
https://ccea.org.uk/digital-technology
https://www.wjec.co.uk/qualifications/digital-technology-as-a-level/#tab_keydocuments

Yes it is a Northern Ireland a level qualification. I did email the admissions team but they can't give me the answer. I would like to know is it worth to apply. I got A in that subject.
Yes it is a Northern Ireland a level qualification. I did email the admissions team but they can't give me the answer. I would like to know is it worth to apply. I got A in that subject.

Yeah I’m not sure then
Reply 7
Original post by Talkative Toad
The Official University of Surrey 2024 Entry Thread

University-of-Surrey.jpg
Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Surrey for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Surrey.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Surrey do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Surrey specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

I'm doing Business, economics and politics (predicted AAA) and have a EPQ at B for my A levels. And applying for a Finance course at Surrey, what type of offer would I receive from Surrey?
Reply 8
Who received any offers from Surrey and what were they?
Reply 9
Original post by MARCU51
Who received any offers from Surrey and what were they?

I haven't received an offer from Surrey yet, but I have been invited to attend an interview at the end of this month for Nutrition and Dietetics, which I am a bit nervous for!
Applied for physics but didn’t manage to attend any open days. If I was to get an offer will there be offer holder days for physics?
My son got an offer yesterday for biochemistry which is a huge relief as it’s his 1st or 2nd choice 😊 UCAS was only submitted on Monday so only had to wait a few days!
Now booked in for an offer holder day in February
Reply 12
Really satisfied with the speed they gave me a offer, only took 27 hours!
Just got an offer for vet med! Maybe see you guys next year
Original post by ItsJustMe123
Just got an offer for vet med! Maybe see you guys next year

Already for such course? That’s nice,
Hi, I applied for biomed here but when i got the email from the uni i saw it was the integrated masters instead of the BSc. i have the grades for that course, but if i do accept the offer..., is there anyway i can change it?
Reply 16
I have been invited to an offer holder's day, but UCAS is still showing the application as submitted, not as an offer. Has anyone had the same? Does the offer come through quite quickly after the email? Thanks in advance.
Original post by MightyMaia
I have been invited to an offer holder's day, but UCAS is still showing the application as submitted, not as an offer. Has anyone had the same? Does the offer come through quite quickly after the email? Thanks in advance.

This happened to me too! I called the admissions team and then got my offer by the end of that day 😁
Just booked an offer holder day for January. Really looking forward to it.
Reply 19
Original post by Christinaaa
This happened to me too! I called the admissions team and then got my offer by the end of that day 😁

Thank you for replying! I have my offer now too! Congratulations on getting yours!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending