The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
mik1a
if you think 10^(x-1) means 10 times itself x-1 times, so 10^x would be 10 times larger. multiplying both sides by 10, you get

y = 10^x

oooh that is a sexy way of looking at it!
Reply 21
Tobias
I will be doing f/maths if clickage occurs :rolleyes:

But there must be clickage for you, being sooo good, right from the start i.e. just 'seeing' things work in a particular way...I'm afraid if I don't get into a routine and experience that, I cannot be any kind of mathematician!

I think about it too much instead of getting on with my maths homework :rolleyes:

dont be daft! im doing P6 at the moment and it takes me so long to complete just one question!! I did P1 (like C1) a few years ago so I've had lots of practice at the questions - so this time next year if you looked at a C1 question you'd think it was easy! If you like maths and you enjoy what ur doing, then definately do f/maths - clickage will occur!!!
Reply 22
Katie Heskins
dont be daft! im doing P6 at the moment and it takes me so long to complete just one question!! I did P1 (like C1) a few years ago so I've had lots of practice at the questions - so this time next year if you looked at a C1 question you'd think it was easy! If you like maths and you enjoy what ur doing, then definately do f/maths - clickage will occur!!!

hehe! Well I'll certainly be trying to do it - I enjoy maths no matter how much it frustrates me!! :smile:
Tobias
I will be doing f/maths if clickage occurs :rolleyes:

But there must be clickage for you, being sooo good, right from the start i.e. just 'seeing' things work in a particular way...I'm afraid if I don't get into a routine and experience that, I cannot be any kind of mathematician!

I think about it too much instead of getting on with my maths homework :rolleyes:

I only got an A at GCSE Maths and then got a strong A at AS Maths, having to self teach most of the course - Just keep trying hard and working at it, and it will click, you will improve. Chin up. :smile:
Reply 24
Tobias
hehe! Well I'll certainly be trying to do it - I enjoy maths no matter how much it frustrates me!! :smile:

LoL well there's ur answer then - (regardless of it being frustrating) you enjoy it - hence keep doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 25
Invisible
I only got an A at GCSE Maths and then got a strong A at AS Maths, having to self teach most of the course - Just keep trying hard and working at it, and it will click, you will improve. Chin up. :smile:

you've probably got some pretty decent teachers....:biggrin:
Katie Heskins
you've probably got some pretty decent teachers....:biggrin:

Yeaaah, my maths teacher rocks, she's great. :cool: :smile:
Reply 27
Invisible
Yeaaah, my maths teacher rocks, she's great. :cool: :smile:

Oooh coool, you two have a student-teacher complex going on...Is that the same as playing doctor??! Maybe not :tongue: :wink:

I will keep doing it until a big black wall descends and I can no longer answer a single question... :rolleyes:

Katie what are your rates? :P

Did you start doing A Level single maths in the final year of GCSE?
Reply 28
Tobias
Oooh coool, you two have a student-teacher complex going on...Is that the same as playing doctor??! Maybe not :tongue: :wink:

I will keep doing it until a big black wall descends and I can no longer answer a single question... :rolleyes:

LoL My rates?! That's so cheeky!! And no Invisible and I have no such thing going on..*ahem*.. :rolleyes: :biggrin: Just because *you* have maths teacher fantasties!!! (I started the A-level in year 10 btw)
Reply 29
Tobias

btw I replied to ur thread on nrich :biggrin:
Reply 30
Katie Heskins
LoL My rates?! That's so cheeky!! And no Invisible and I have no such thing going on..*ahem*.. :rolleyes: :biggrin: Just because *you* have maths teacher fantasties!!! (I started the A-level in year 10 btw)

hehe I am cheeky but not THAT cheeky...I meant maths-teaching rates not RATES rates :redface: :tongue: :rolleyes:

I don't think I fantasize about my current maths teacher, lovely though she is :smile:
Reply 31
Katie Heskins
btw I replied to ur thread on nrich :biggrin:

hehe Well I needed as great an exposure as possible!

Year 10 is early! My the earliest my old school started was in year 11!

Latest