The Student Room Group

Do you use healthcare mobile apps?

What are your favourite ones? And how useful are they for you?
Reply 1
Yes, I use them rather often but I don't support an idea that they can replace a qualified doctor in some cases. My favourite apps in this case are MyFitnessPal (it's really helpful for losing weight and managing healthy lifestyle in general), ActiveX (it's more concentrated only on workouts), SleepCycle (it's good in my case because I'm striggling with some problems connected with my daily sleeping) and FitRadio (it's a cool one with providing the best music for an active fitness) In general I like about all these apps that they help me to track and control my general physical progress, find new interesting and useful ideas for my regular workouts, also different recommendations for my other body issues and managing my usual diet too. But I think that they can be used effectively only as an additional method to the recommendations of your professional fitness coach for example, all of them have some limits and I think that healthcare software development https://www.innovecs.com/industries/healthcare/ should continue to make them more upgraded in future. It's fair for more medical ones too, in my opinion the best ones among them are those which improve the communication with you and your doctor https://blog.capterra.com/top-7-medical-apps-for-doctors/
Original post by Xymox
What are your favourite ones? And how useful are they for you?

No. I wouldn't give a complete stranger unbridled access to information about my health, weight, eating and sleeping habits so why would I give a device connected to the internet, and built by a complete stranger access? It makes me uncomfortable.

If I wanted to chart my own health and well-being, I'd use a pen and a diary. Call me old fashioned. :-)
I use Instant Heart Rate app on my phone. I have Atrial Fibrillation where my heart can unexpectedly go into too fast a rhythm. I can check my heart rate and send it to my surgery.
There are the following best Healthcare app
EyecareLive
Teladoc
Medical ID
Medscape
Epocrates
I use a water tracker and that's it since it's beneficial

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending