The Student Room Group

What has happened to the TSR app?

I have been trying to search for it on the App Store yesterday and today and I couldn’t find it. Where has it gone now? Are they trying to update the app or what?
Original post by mjhmichael18
I have been trying to search for it on the App Store yesterday and today and I couldn’t find it. Where has it gone now? Are they trying to update the app or what?

I'm checking on this for you, and will update this thread once I establish what the official status is. (BTW, I can't find it on Google Play anymore either.)
got removed i think but i don't know/can't confirm this
(edited 1 year ago)
There definitely was mention of it being removed at one point
They're refurbishing app
I think they're updating it because it was always very glitchy
I don't see it either. There is an app "StudentRoom" with a different logo though. :hmmmm:

Will the previous app version stop working then?
Hi all,

Unfortunately we've made the decision to withdraw the app from the app store, this means it's not available to download for any new users of it but for anyone that has it on their phones currently it should still work.

We unfortunately didn't have the internal resource to continue working on the app and our browser experience as they both use different technologies and therefore would require completely different teams of people working on them. We were not happy with the quality the app was providing to our users, it was often glitchy and as we continue to work on our browser experience it was getting further and further away from an app that we were happy to still provide towards our users. We therefore decided we did not want new users having access to this and it being how they experienced the site and decided to remove it from the app store.

We will continue to allow users who already have this app downloaded to use it if they wish while we work towards what we would like to do in the future. We recongnise that a functioning working app is something that our users would benefit from and are currently investigating possibilities to make this a reality, although I have nothing to concrete to share with you for the time being.

Sorry for the inconvinence.

EH
Don't know why you would want to use the app, it was absolutely atrocious. Mobile site is much better.
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Don't know why you would want to use the app, it was absolutely atrocious. Mobile site is much better.

Overall, I prefer the mobile site too, but it's a bit glitchy on the phone, so I usually use the app. The notification button often doesn't work on the mobile site.
(edited 1 year ago)

There are a few bugs and quirks on mobile site that don't apply on the app, and vice versa. (Particularly notification bugs.) So it's quite useful to dual-use sometimes. :redface:
Original post by 04MR17
There are a few bugs and quirks on mobile site that don't apply on the app, and vice versa. (Particularly notification bugs.) So it's quite useful to dual-use sometimes. :redface:

I'm surprised notification bugs haven't been fixed yet, the double notification thing has been going on for ages.
I'm surprised notification bugs haven't been fixed yet, the double notification thing has been going on for ages.

I know :smile:

I never use the app itself, but the push notifications it sends are extremely useful.

IMG_20230405_135024.jpg
Thanks everyone! I now know why I couldn’t find it when I searched for it. Please let me know when a functioning working app like TSR is in the App Store again.
(edited 1 year ago)
Thanks everyone! I now know why I couldn’t find it when I searched for it. Please let me know when a functioning working app like TSR is in the App Store again.

We will :smile: Sorry again for any inconvinence!

Hi - apologies for the delay in updating you on this, but you should be able to download the app again now if you haven't already :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending