The Student Room Group

Bring back bookmarks

Problem Summary
Bring back bookmarks

Problem Details
This is a perfectly good feature used by many established users and volunteers to navigate the site. It had no place being removed, especially not with the immediate view to add it in again asap

They are missing on the homepage and on mobile browser forumdisplay pages

This will significantly impact my patience for the site if it isn't restored

Device
Mobile

Browser
Chrome

Link

Additional Information
The form to fill this in doesn't list app as a potential option.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by 04MR17
Problem Summary
Bring back bookmarks

Problem Details
This is a perfectly good feature used by many established users and volunteers to navigate the site. It had no place being removed, especially not with the immediate view to add it in again asap

This will significantly impact my patience for the site if it isn't restored

Device
Mobile

Browser
Chrome

Link

Additional Information
The form to fill this in doesn't list app as a potential option.

Added app as an option in the form now, good shout! :smile:
Agreed, before I could access my bookmarks on all pages as a volunteer (because we have access to ST2) but now I can’t access my bookmarks on every page/the home page like I could before.

I use bookmarks out of laziness to be fair.
Bookmark availability on every page is extremely important to me.
Reply 4
Bookmarks are extremely important for me to access the more hidden forums on the site.
Original post by Admit-One
Bookmark availability on every page is extremely important to me.

Original post by mesub
Bookmarks are extremely important for me to access the more hidden forums on the site.

:ditto:
For about half an hour this morning this option was still there on the burger menu under an arrow at the top…but it’s vanished this evening
IMG_6795.jpeg
From st2 view from the burger menu…
IMG_6796.jpeg
Seems like the code/option is still there and functional…just hasn’t been copied across to the new brand
Oh go on, just for a laugh let's watch my own thread too
Original post by PQ
Seems like the code/option is still there and functional…just hasn’t been copied across to the new brand

I think it’s because the homepage now uses react (compared to ST1&2 before) and forum pages (threads) still use ST2 if you have access to that version of TSR unless my analysis is wrong here.
IMG_2740.jpeg
Think I’m still seeing bookmarks on forum pages as I went back to ST2.
So - workaround.

If you go to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions and set it to bookmarks IMG_6799.jpeg
Then your profile page will have your bookmarks at the top (and a working watched threads widget on the sidebar)

:flute:
Original post by Admit-One
IMG_2740.jpeg
Think I’m still seeing bookmarks on forum pages as I went back to ST2.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/crystal-adblock-block-unwanted-ads/id1022177308 Works very nicely :flute:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending