The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The usual physics answer is forwards yes, backwards no.
Reply 41
Rocking-Rob
I think its been proved that time travel only becomes possible after the date of the first time machine being created, i.e if you created a time machine at 6pm, the earliest you could go back is 6pm

But I can't remember where I heard that from

yea thats true, so as soon as u turn on the time machine, u will get messages from the future lol
jonnyofengland
And you managed to fit inside it? :biggrin:

It was bigger on the inside!
Reply 43
jonnyofengland
Yes indeed he is. Together we are helping to blow apart many of the fundamental issues regarding space travel. I'm pleased with what we have achieved. :biggrin:

And while Fred may have sentimental value, I think ψλαϖ 001 has a better ring to it.

P.S. do you think our hamster could one day be talked about as Schrodinger's cat is?

ψλαϖ 001 is far more important than the cat. He is real ! In English ψλαϖ 001 reads pslaô 001. The letters are Greek that's what they speak in the future.
brucy
yea thats true, so as soon as u turn on the time machine, u will get messages from the future lol

You'd in-fact get spammed to ****.
Reply 45
y would i get spammed?
How can you travel to a future that doesn't exist?

My scientific knowledge is lacking so that is the best answer I can offer.
ψλαϖ 001 is far more important than the cat. He is real ! In English ψλαϖ 001 reads pslaô 001. The letters are Greek that's what they speak in the future.

Oooh so it appears society has gone full circle.

I'm afraid I don't understand the 001 at the end of his name though. Did he go in for a bit of passive-sightseeing-cloning during his brief trip?
Reply 48
jonnyofengland
Oooh so it appears society has gone full circle.

I'm afraid I don't understand the 001 at the end of his name though. Did he go in for a bit of passive-sightseeing-cloning during his brief trip?

Well because in the future there are so many people, there are not enough names to go around. It would just get confusing. So to get round this every name has three numbers after it. It just so happens the hamster is 001. some people are 678 or 224. It all depends.
Well because in the future there are so many people, there are not enough names to go around. It would just get confusing. So to get round this every name has three numbers after it. It just so happens the hamster is 001. some people are 678 or 224. It all depends.

But if there's that many people, what happens to the thousandth person?
Reply 50
jonnyofengland
But if there's that many people, what happens to the thousandth person?

Well then they invent new names. For example, nowadays we have James as a name. So rather than lots of people called James getting confused they are called James 001,002,003 etc.
law:portal
How can you travel to a future that doesn't exist?

My scientific knowledge is lacking so that is the best answer I can offer.

who said it didnt exist? :confused:
Well then they invent new names. For example, nowadays we have James as a name. So rather than lots of people called James getting confused they are called James 001,002,003 etc.

But you said there is only so many names to go round. So do they just have one name and use it to death before starting on a new one? Who decides on the new names? And does that mean all names are in the future state appointed?
Reply 53
jonnyofengland
But you said there is only so many names to go round. So do they just have one name and use it to death before starting on a new one? Who decides on the new names? And does that mean all names are in the future state appointed?

Probably the future is a confusing place. Or at least my future is.
Reply 54
Well, theoretically, we are approaching the future and living in the present and past. :smile:
E.g.: We are aging fast (sad but the truth, friends), living right now, and are only seeing how the sun was like 8 mins ago.
So therefore, one must travel faster than speed of light to change this.

But in reality, we really can't do it as we cannot re-do an action. I remember this guy called something like Mallet said it can be achieved by pah! No, you can't.
Probably the future is a confusing place. Or at least my future is.

It definitely seems that way. :wink:

Don't you find it strange that in all our posts not one person has said anything to our conversation?

It's like they just let the "special" people have their fun, while they get on with making the world work.
Reply 56
jonnyofengland
It definitely seems that way. :wink:

Don't you find it strange that in all our posts not one person has said anything to our conversation?

It's like they just let the "special" people have their fun, while they get on with making the world work.

People really couldn't care less. The only time you receive attention is by being really obscure. Such as the badger culling campaign.:badger: but even then people didn't really care that much.
Such as the badger culling campaign.:badger: but even then people didn't really care that much.

Oh really. And how far did you get with that campaign?
Reply 58
jonnyofengland
Oh really. And how far did you get with that campaign?

Great success. Long story, but all the badgers ,shopkeepers and some kids were culled. That was me in my previous incarnation though. This username was not involved.
Reply 59
A lot of theories are going about concerning the on-turning of the Large Hadron Collider in Geneva this year.

A lot of renound people reckon it's completely possible for the machine to rip a wormhole in space time that could act as a gateway between here, and the future.

Latest