The Student Room Group

My first day at the gym

Today I signed up to a gym. I was terrified and felt like turning back multiple times. Went to the office and asked for an induction. Used a few machines. Tried out the free weights. Made lots of mistakes. AND ACTUALLY HAD SO MUCH FUN.

:u:
Reply 1
Original post by k59533
Today I signed up to a gym. I was terrified and felt like turning back multiple times. Went to the office and asked for an induction. Used a few machines. Tried out the free weights. Made lots of mistakes. AND ACTUALLY HAD SO MUCH FUN.

Thank you for this 😅😅. Ive actually been putting off signing up for a gym. This has kind of adressed my worries lol. I think i actually will now!
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by L4I8A
Thank you for this 😅😅. Ive actually been putting off signing up for a gym. This has kind of adressed my worries lol. I think i actually will now!

No worries I definitely encourage you to do it!

Before signing up, I watched a few YT videos about how to use the machines and practised by recording myself and looking over it. If you sign up to personal training (PT) they will probably teach you.

FYI I'm not going to invest in PT. However I did buy some protein powder and will be looking to buy proper gym shoes eventually.
Original post by k59533
AND ACTUALLY HAD SO MUCH FUN.

That's lovely to hear! :h:
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest