The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Using KSA workshops during the summer

If you are a student at the Kingston School of Art or a prospective student, you might not know that our amazing workshop facilities at Knights Park campus are open throughout Summer!!

We are one of the top Universities for our workshop facilities. We have a huge variety of machines with onsite technicians ready to help at all times. From ceramics to Welding- wood work and bookmaking to a digital workshop… we have it all! All you need is a short induction to whatever machine you are interested in to be able to use it after for free.

I have been inducted into bookmaking and it’s such an amazing skill to learn and it’s so great that the workshop is open to use over Summer if I need it. I used the bookmaking machines to create a colouring book to sell so now I am able to carry on selling and creating through the holidays.

Another pro is that they are less busy outside of university terms, so you are able to work for longer in a peaceful and relaxed workspace.

A lot of other Universities have workshops that aren’t open to all students let alone open throughout the holidays. Make the most of it while you can!!!

I hope to see you there! If you have any questions, then please leave them below and don’t be shy to email the technicians who would be happy to help on any project.

Yasmin (BA design marketing)
It's really lovely that the Uni keeps it's facilities accessible to students outside of term time. My uni didn't always do this and it did become frustrating.
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending