The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

laundromat

Hi,
Any cheap and good laundromat in Swansea. My student accommodation very dirty I can not wash my clothes, I tried Kandys Launderette & Dry Cleaner but expensive 5 pound for wash 20 minutes and to dry 4 or 3 pounds.
Original post by Haya12345
Hi,
Any cheap and good laundromat in Swansea. My student accommodation very dirty I can not wash my clothes, I tried Kandys Launderette & Dry Cleaner but expensive 5 pound for wash 20 minutes and to dry 4 or 3 pounds.

There is a launderette on the Kingsway and also 1 in Uplands and Hafod. This appears normal cost.

Could you use the laundrette on the campus
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
There is a launderette on the Kingsway and also 1 in Uplands and Hafod. This appears normal cost.

Very dirty impossible to wash my clothes bad smells part of clothes inside washing machine...
Reply 3
Very dirty impossible to wash my clothes bad smells part of clothes inside washing machine...

But what about cost?
But what about cost?

This appears to be normal cost. Why cant you wash clothes where you are living. Most houses and halls have laundry facilities.
Reply 5
This appears to be normal cost. Why cant you wash clothes where you are living. Most houses and halls have laundry facilities.

I mentioned for you very dirty disgusting smell
Have you tried running a washing machine cleaner through the machine? Worth a punt for a couple of quid.

Either something like this or most supermarkets will do their own.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dr-Beckmann-Service-Washing-Machine-Treatment/dp/B0080ZSQKS/
Reply 7
Original post by Admit-One
Have you tried running a washing machine cleaner through the machine? Worth a punt for a couple of quid.

Either something like this or most supermarkets will do their own.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dr-Beckmann-Service-Washing-Machine-Treatment/dp/B0080ZSQKS/

It is accommodation machine so I will not pay for washing cycle just to clean then pay second time to wash... I think will not clean because it seems Long time dirty
It is accommodation machine so I will not pay for washing cycle just to clean then pay second time to wash... I think will not clean because it seems Long time dirty

Unfortunately because no one wants to pay the occasional £2 to service the machine, that's how shared ones get in this state. You can also use bicarb or soda crystals. These things literally cost pennies but students just can't be bothered to pull the detergent drawer out now and then, or dry inside the seal. Apparently the machine just stays clean by magic.

Have you raised it with the accommodation provider?

Quick Reply

Latest