The Student Room Group

UCL alternative offer for Politics, Sociology and Eastern European Studies

Have been offered a chance to apply to Politics, Sociology and Eastern European Studies at UCL after they rejected my Pol and IR application.
I am interested in doing the course and really like the University but am really unsure about the course prospects and if I'm better off firming Bristol for Politics and IR.
Opinions?
Reply 1
do what you like, I would say firm Bristol. What did you end up firming?
Original post by DB33120
Have been offered a chance to apply to Politics, Sociology and Eastern European Studies at UCL after they rejected my Pol and IR application.
I am interested in doing the course and really like the University but am really unsure about the course prospects and if I'm better off firming Bristol for Politics and IR.
Opinions?
Reply 2
opted for UCL, appeal of london was too much to turn down.
Original post by smaya001
do what you like, I would say firm Bristol. What did you end up firming?
Reply 3
Original post by DB33120
Opinions?

How are you liking the course? I am also in a similar position as you and this course seems appealing. is it heavily reliant on Eastern European comments or does it give me the best of both worlds, International and Eastern Europe?
Reply 4
i'm still waiting to hear back from UCL to study politics sociology & ee. i'm so stressed fml - did you apply to do the year abroad too? just wondering bc i did and i didn't know if that would affect how fast they got back to me in comparison
Reply 5
Original post by AA830
How are you liking the course? I am also in a similar position as you and this course seems appealing. is it heavily reliant on Eastern European comments or does it give me the best of both worlds, International and Eastern Europe?

Sorry Ive only just seen this; would thoroughly recommend the course after my first year - the teaching level is of a very high standard and despite the course title suggesting its exclusive to Eastern Europe, its been quite varied and I've learnt about concepts in relation to other regions too e.g. in International Relations, we focused on the global concepts such as US hegemony, international governance etc.
Reply 6
Original post by m0gg_
i'm still waiting to hear back from UCL to study politics sociology & ee. i'm so stressed fml - did you apply to do the year abroad too? just wondering bc i did and i didn't know if that would affect how fast they got back to me in comparison

Applying for a year abroad doesn't make a difference in terms of getting on the course, in fact from what I remember there was no guarantee of going abroad, I think it had to be earned. I'm unsure how the whole process has been affected due to COVID tbh.
Reply 7
Original post by DB33120
Sorry Ive only just seen this; would thoroughly recommend the course after my first year - the teaching level is of a very high standard and despite the course title suggesting its exclusive to Eastern Europe, its been quite varied and I've learnt about concepts in relation to other regions too e.g. in International Relations, we focused on the global concepts such as US hegemony, international governance etc.

I am actually really interested in applying for this course. Can you please send me your personal statement for reference? my email adress is: [email protected]
Reply 8
Original post by DB33120

Hello, I have been looking into the course and I am interested to know how the opportunity to learn Russian/another Eastern European language works as it does not seem to be clear from the course page, only mentioning that there is such an opportunity and that they recommend learning a language with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending