The Student Room Group

Politics, Philosophy and Law 2024 Applicants

Anyone heard anything yet from Warwick or KCL for PPL? I think there aren't many of us, so it would be great if we could at least gather here.

Scroll to see replies

I've moved your post to a more relevant forum and made it a 'sticky' so that it stays at the top of the forum and will be easier to find.
Reply 2
Original post by alyporter
Anyone heard anything yet from Warwick or KCL for PPL? I think there aren't many of us, so it would be great if we could at least gather here.

what other courses have you applied for? Im thinking of doing a Warwick PPL application and a pol. & intl. relations for the other 4
Reply 3
Original post by gurikad1
what other courses have you applied for? Im thinking of doing a Warwick PPL application and a pol. & intl. relations for the other 4

i applied mainly law courses:
ppl - warwick and kings
law - ucl and bristol
law with politics - sussex
Reply 4
Original post by gurikad1

I did this too, and now im in my 2nd year of PPL!

I've not heard back just yet. However, my application has been resent to KCL as I have switched from straight Law to PPL.

Good luck - hopefully we both get our offers! Where else have you applied?
Reply 6
Original post by rubycclarke
I've not heard back just yet. However, my application has been resent to KCL as I have switched from straight Law to PPL.

Good luck - hopefully we both get our offers! Where else have you applied?

UCL, Bristol, and Sussex. What about you? Where else have you applied?
UCL, Bristol, and Sussex. What about you? Where else have you applied?

Durham, UCL, York, Manchester
Reply 8
Original post by oopsah
I did this too, and now im in my 2nd year of PPL!

Hey, how are you finding the course, and how are job opportunities?

Have you heard anything yet? I applied to KCL and I'm still waiting
Reply 10
Original post by francescawyse
Have you heard anything yet? I applied to KCL and I'm still waiting

Nothing from King’s. Last message from them was about my IELTS cert, last week and that’s it.
Reply 11
Original post by S17ttw
Hey, how are you finding the course, and how are job opportunities?

Hi! I'm currently in my first year of PPL. I'm really enjoying it, the balance of subjects is good (although if you choose intro to philosophy you start with logic which is a challenge!) and the people are all really great (we had a specific PPL induction for the 30 of us and it feels like more of a community than straight law). In terms of applying for things like law firm first year insight schemes it is a bit challenging because most of them say that you can't apply until your 2nd year of a 4 year law degree but I know that it's not too much of a problem for chambers/ mooting competitions (one of my PPL friends won the novice moot last term!). I think it really depends on how much you put into researching job opportunities for after graduation but the extra year gives you a bit more time to research. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Has anyone got their results yet?
Original post by Hahahahahahy

Nope, I've not heard anything yet. Have you?
Reply 14
Original post by Hahahahahahy

Hi I'm currently a PPL first year and didn't get my offer until late April? I'm a home student but I know most people for PPL at least have to wait for a while!
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by francescawyse
Nope, I've not heard anything yet. Have you?

No, I was worried that it was because I may have been rejected. Comforting to know that others havent got theirs yet
Does this course do automatic rejection??
Reply 17
Original post by Emmie85
Hi I'm currently a PPL first year and didn't get my offer until late April? I'm a home student but I know most people for PPL at least have to wait for a while!

April??!!! Wow that's really late 😭😭😭😭
Reply 18
Hi I received an offer for PPL at kings 2 days ago. I'm a non-contextual home student so I think they are beginning to send them out now :smile:
I received an offer from KCL yesterday. international student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending