The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

How many contextual offers does UCL give

Does UCL actually give out a lot of contextual offers or is it just lip service? I’m especially interest in the PIR course basically everyone i know who has gotten an offer for PIR has gotten the standard offer - are they giving contextual offers a lot later?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Has anyone received a contextual offer for Politics and IR?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I got rejected for ucl even tho I’m contextual. kind of confusing why. I got an offer from notts for my course which has higher entry standard then ucl does, for chemeng.
I think ucl rejected me because of gcse grades.
I’m wondering this id be eligible for it but still wait for an offer after 6 months, you might be right about contextual offers coming out later I think @Admit-One might know
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I got rejected for ucl even tho I’m contextual. kind of confusing why. I got an offer from notts for my course which has higher entry standard then ucl does, for chemeng.

That sucks, I’ve heard Nottingham is really great though, my chemistry teacher went there and she seems cool and said it was really good :smile:
Do you mind me asking if your predicted grades met or exceeded the standard offer grades?
That sucks, I’ve heard Nottingham is really great though, my chemistry teacher went there and she seems cool and said it was really good :smile:
Do you mind me asking if your predicted grades met or exceeded the standard offer grades?

I have A*A*B(grade B achieved), and contextual requirement was ABC.
GCSEs was 887766663 the 3 in exam pe, mainly cause the teaching was dead.
But anyways I’m really excited for notts:biggrin: (which is better for my course as well lol then ucl)
Goodluck to you anyways :biggrin:
Hey, I have Predicted A* A B (A* Geography A Maths B Physics). GCSEs = 888777776665. I am eligible for the same contextual offer as you (ABC).My chosen course is Economics Business and Eastern European studies. I am fluent in an Eastern European language and demonstrated that I am capable in Maths through Olympiads, maths mentoring etc. as well as economics etc. (personal statement stuff).I really do hope UCL give me a contextual, I love the course and it really appeals to me in particular. I technically already meet the requirement of triple A in terms of UCAS points but an offer of ABC would really take some weight off my shoulders. Do you think I have a chance? brutally honest...
Original post by easymoneysniperr
Hey, I have Predicted A* A B (A* Geography A Maths B Physics). GCSEs = 888777776665. I am eligible for the same contextual offer as you (ABC).My chosen course is Economics Business and Eastern European studies. I am fluent in an Eastern European language and demonstrated that I am capable in Maths through Olympiads, maths mentoring etc. as well as economics etc. (personal statement stuff).I really do hope UCL give me a contextual, I love the course and it really appeals to me in particular. I technically already meet the requirement of triple A in terms of UCAS points but an offer of ABC would really take some weight off my shoulders. Do you think I have a chance? brutally honest...

You definitely do have a chance with a good personal statement displaying what you’ve said etc UCL do give out a good amount of contextuals I can testify haha. Best of luck
Original post by leahrilou
You definitely do have a chance with a good personal statement displaying what you’ve said etc UCL do give out a good amount of contextuals I can testify haha. Best of luck

thanks appreciate it. hopefully luck is on my side...

I got rejected for my GCSEs which were 887766663.
Even tho I was contextual. Rn im in notts and i love notts, so im cool w it. Looking at ur GCSEs u deffo have a very good chance. Meanwhile i had a 3 in one subject. (Exam pe lmao) thats probs the grade that made me less competitive. Hence ucl rejection.
I want to apply to UCL for psychology contextual offer which is BBB my predicted are ABC ( B in psychology, A in business and C in biology) my gcse were 9,8888,7,66,5 the 2 8s are for combined science. Do you think I will get a offer from their. I am eligible for the contextual offer as I meet the widening area. There is Kings that have Neuroscience and psychology where the contextual is AAC must A in psychology. I meet their contextual offer as well and I have confirmed with them through emails. Should I apply there it’s just they want a A in either psychology or biology. I can only go to uni in central and not outside.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Brightaurora
I want to apply to UCL for psychology contextual offer which is BBB my predicted are ABC ( B in psychology, A in business and C in biology) my gcse were 9,8888,7,66,5 the 2 8s are for combined science. Do you think I will get a offer from their. I am eligible for the contextual offer as I meet the widening area. There is Kings that have Neuroscience and psychology where the contextual is AAC must A in psychology. I meet their contextual offer as well and I have confirmed with them through emails. Should I apply there it’s just they want a A in either psychology or biology. I can only go to uni in central and not outside.

if the contextual offer is BBB and you have ABC. I don't think that theres a high chance of you getting in. Mainly because of the C grade you have in Biology. You need to get the B in Biology (as it is required), then you would have reached the requirements.
If you meet the actual requirements or higher you should be fine.
Original post by leahrilou

May I ask what course you applied for, what it’s contextual requirements are and what your predicted grades are?
thanks appreciate it. hopefully luck is on my side...

hey, i applied to the exact same course as you at ucl and i also think i am eligible for a contextual offer. have you heard anything back from ucl? i applied at the beginning of october and nothing from them.. they didn't even ask for my fee status and all the other universities asked for this when i applied
Original post by econgirrrl
hey, i applied to the exact same course as you at ucl and i also think i am eligible for a contextual offer. have you heard anything back from ucl? i applied at the beginning of october and nothing from them.. they didn't even ask for my fee status and all the other universities asked for this when i applied

hey, I have heard nothing back from UCL apart from the 'Thank you for applying' etc etc stuff. My application was sent off in October as well. UCL take a very long time so be patient. I wish you luck and hopefully we both get offers : )
Original post by econgirrrl

I just got an offer this week.
Reply 16
Was it a contextual offer?
I have A*A*B(grade B achieved), and contextual requirement was ABC.
GCSEs was 887766663 the 3 in exam pe, mainly cause the teaching was dead.
But anyways I’m really excited for notts:biggrin: (which is better for my course as well lol then ucl)
Goodluck to you anyways :biggrin:

I have witnessed (second-hand) the horrors of gcse PE, it’s clapped
if the contextual offer is BBB and you have ABC. I don't think that theres a high chance of you getting in. Mainly because of the C grade you have in Biology. You need to get the B in Biology (as it is required), then you would have reached the requirements.
If you meet the actual requirements or higher you should be fine.

I want to apply to UCL next year for law and eligible for a contextual offer of BBB with a 5 in English language gcse which i have. However, my gcses are 6,6,6,5,5,4. (I got a 6-5 in double since). Do you think i have a reasonable shot ? However i am predicted A*AA for psychology, biology and Law.
What were your gcse grades ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending