The Student Room Group

Politics and international relations undergraduate 2022

is there already an official forum for student who have applied to study politics and/or IR at uni for 2022?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Liv.corbett
is there already an official forum for student who have applied to study politics and/or IR at uni for 2022?

No, I don't think so. But, we can certainly start the thread here!

I'm Neve, I have applied to:
Nottingham,
Durham,
York (Offer),
UEA (Offer)
and Leicester (Offer).

My predicted were AAAA.
Reply 2
Original post by nevecait18

Nottingham,
Durham,
York (Offer),
UEA (Offer)
and Leicester (Offer).

My predicted were AAAA.

perfect!

I'm Liv, I have applied to:
Edinburgh
UCL
Newcastle (offer)
Leeds (offer)
and Bristol

My predicted were A*A*A
:smile:
Reply 3
Luca here,

Applied for IR at: St Andrew's, Edinburgh and have an offer from Cardiff

Applied for IR and history at LSE and history and politics at Oxford

Predicted: AAA
Reply 4
Hi I'm Hammi,
I've applied for IR at LSE
HSPS at Cambridge
Econ, politics and international studies at Warwick
International social and political studies at UCL
Predicted: A*A*A* - and an A for my EPQ
hiya I'm ria,
i've applied to politics + ir at: durham, bath, ucl, exeter and cardiff (offer)
I submitted my ucas form last week and i've only heard back from cardiff so i'm super stressed !
predicted: AAA
Reply 6
does anyone know what time ucl usually reply to offers?
I know Edinburgh do it really late but I have no idea what kind of time frame ucl do it over!
does anyone know what time ucl usually reply to offers?
I know Edinburgh do it really late but I have no idea what kind of time frame ucl do it over!

they usually reply from january onwards but they do give some offers in december
Original post by nevecait18

Nottingham,
Durham,
York (Offer),
UEA (Offer)
and Leicester (Offer).

My predicted were AAAA.

Hi @nevecait18! :smile:

Congratulations on your offer to study with us! If you have any questions about UEA or being a student here in Norwich at all please do let me know. Hope you have a brilliant time at uni wherever you end up going!

Best wishes,
Danielle
Film and Television Studies
i’m on a gap year!! achieved A*AB but predicted A*AA, and I may be retaking one A in the summer. applying to bristol (pol + ir), lse (pol), ucl (pol + ir), and then possibly politics and sociology at exeter / warwick. :smile:
Reply 10
hey!!
ive applied politics + ir at ucl, lse, nottingham, and manchester
just politics at edinburgh
predicted an A*AA
i only applied 4 days ago but im already super stressed about not getting offers yet!!
Reply 11
Original post by en8827
hey!!
ive applied politics + ir at ucl, lse, nottingham, and manchester
just politics at edinburgh
predicted an A*AA
i only applied 4 days ago but im already super stressed about not getting offers yet!!

Give it more time before stressing 🙂
Hi guys!! I've applied for
Loughborough (offer)
Exeter
Nottingham (offer)
Swansea (offer)
And Oxford (history and politics, got interviews too)

Predicted A*AA
I'm having a hard time thinking about where I would genuinely go though (top 3 being between lboro exeter and oxf) as Oxford has an amazing course and facilities, albeit Exeter and lboro have so much more socially in addition to an amazing course and I love doing dancing etc. Also mentally at Oxford I think it would be worse for me, albeit it's an amazing experience nonetheless. Ik I'm saying this as if I've got offers from all, but I'm mentally having a hard time thinking ab which ones I'd prefer to go to. Any advice? <3
Reply 13
Hello Eveeyone,
I’ve applied for:
Politics and Inteenational studies at Warwick
Politics and Intwrnational relations at LSE
Politics and Intl Relations at Manchester
Politics and Intl Relations at Sheffield (offer)
Politics at Leeds (offer)

I submitted my application on the 10th of November and the waiting game has been long waiting to hear from my three other universities. But i am grateful to have revived two offers already at this point. If anyones got any questions please throw them my way :smile:
has anyone who has applied heard from Bristol yet ??
Reply 15
same question for LSE, St. Andrew's and Edinburgh. Having just been rejected pre interview for history and politics at Oxford I'm really relying on these now,,
Original post by LucaMaz
same question for LSE, St. Andrew's and Edinburgh. Having just been rejected pre interview for history and politics at Oxford I'm really relying on these now,,

i got an offer from LSE last year and it was early may!! i think they usually wait beyond the deadline to give the majority of their offers :smile:
Original post by eloiselily
Hi guys!! I've applied for
Loughborough (offer)
Exeter
Nottingham (offer)
Swansea (offer)
And Oxford (history and politics, got interviews too)

Predicted A*AA
I'm having a hard time thinking about where I would genuinely go though (top 3 being between lboro exeter and oxf) as Oxford has an amazing course and facilities, albeit Exeter and lboro have so much more socially in addition to an amazing course and I love doing dancing etc. Also mentally at Oxford I think it would be worse for me, albeit it's an amazing experience nonetheless. Ik I'm saying this as if I've got offers from all, but I'm mentally having a hard time thinking ab which ones I'd prefer to go to. Any advice? <3

Hi @eloiselily,

Great to hear that you've received an offer from us! :smile:

Loughborough is a campus-based university in a large town. It has a lovely 'family feeling' and our community is diverse and inclusive. There is plenty to do in Loughborough itself, and it has excellent transport links to Leicester and Nottingham. We also have lots of societies and clubs including several styles of dance.

To help you with your decision-making I would recommend that you make a list of everything that you want from your future course and university - think about living costs, accommodation, job prospects and employability, alongside location and social settings. I'm sure that with careful consideration you'll make the best decision for you!

We are here to help if you have any specific questions - drop us a message or look at our forum: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=125

Kalisha
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi @eloiselily,

Great to hear that you've received an offer from us! :smile:

Loughborough is a campus-based university in a large town. It has a lovely 'family feeling' and our community is diverse and inclusive. There is plenty to do in Loughborough itself, and it has excellent transport links to Leicester and Nottingham. We also have lots of societies and clubs including several styles of dance.

To help you with your decision-making I would recommend that you make a list of everything that you want from your future course and university - think about living costs, accommodation, job prospects and employability, alongside location and social settings. I'm sure that with careful consideration you'll make the best decision for you!

We are here to help if you have any specific questions - drop us a message or look at our forum: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=125

Kalisha

Thank you so much! :smile:
Reply 19
has anyone who has applied heard from Bristol yet ??

i have been put on hold! i don't really get what it means

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending