The Student Room Group
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David

Wondering what people's opinions are of the uni and Swansea in general

Hiya,
I've applied to UWTSD and have had a look round Swansea but wondered what people's opinions were if the uni, the city and accommodation. Also, what's the nightlife like?
Cheers
H
I don’t know if you still need to know, but I currently attend Art Foundation at UWTSD and I’ve lived in Swansea my whole life.
The uni is pretty good, it has a very friendly community atmosphere and if you need any help from another department it’s really easy to get. My lecturers are very nice - I haven’t met any unfriendly staff - and the facilities education wise are really up to date.
The library is really really great, particularly the online access and it’s super easy to get books delivered from different campuses. The only thing to note is that you will most likely need to bring lunch in with you, as the only cafe is in Dynevor (in the city campus anyway) and it’s pretty pricey. Don’t know what SA1 campus is like.
I live at home but some of my friends are in accommodation (private and uni owned). None of them have had any complaints, and have all found they were placed with nice people in a friendly flat. They’ve found that public transport is ok here, but definitely room for improvement but as long as you’re not trying to to to Llanelli, Port Talbot or the Gower etc you can walk or cycle most places in the city.
The nightlife here is quite popular, we have the infamous Wind Street 😂 bit like marmite imo. Sin City is popular with students, and I think Thursday is their Sin Savers night which is cheaper. Spoons is also huge here and there’s two enormous ones, there’s Fiction which has big events on sometimes for example in May someone off Rupal’s Drag Race will be there (not my thing, but I know it’s huge).

Hope that was helpful, although you’ve probably made your choice now so maybe it’ll be helpful to someone else. Good luck whereever you go!
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Swansea is a great city, with a buzzing nightlife (just google Wind Street - although this is pronounced Wine Street for good reason)! The city itself benefits from being on the coast, so there's beaches for days and great cycle routes (perfect if you're into walking, running or cycling). There are also great transport links so you can be in Cardiff in less than an hour if you fancy a shopping trip!
Thank you so much! This was super useful, cheers!!
Original post by ffimadlen
I don’t know if you still need to know, but I currently attend Art Foundation at UWTSD and I’ve lived in Swansea my whole life.
The uni is pretty good, it has a very friendly community atmosphere and if you need any help from another department it’s really easy to get. My lecturers are very nice - I haven’t met any unfriendly staff - and the facilities education wise are really up to date.
The library is really really great, particularly the online access and it’s super easy to get books delivered from different campuses. The only thing to note is that you will most likely need to bring lunch in with you, as the only cafe is in Dynevor (in the city campus anyway) and it’s pretty pricey. Don’t know what SA1 campus is like.
I live at home but some of my friends are in accommodation (private and uni owned). None of them have had any complaints, and have all found they were placed with nice people in a friendly flat. They’ve found that public transport is ok here, but definitely room for improvement but as long as you’re not trying to to to Llanelli, Port Talbot or the Gower etc you can walk or cycle most places in the city.
The nightlife here is quite popular, we have the infamous Wind Street 😂 bit like marmite imo. Sin City is popular with students, and I think Thursday is their Sin Savers night which is cheaper. Spoons is also huge here and there’s two enormous ones, there’s Fiction which has big events on sometimes for example in May someone off Rupal’s Drag Race will be there (not my thing, but I know it’s huge).

Hope that was helpful, although you’ve probably made your choice now so maybe it’ll be helpful to someone else. Good luck whereever you go!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending