The Student Room Group

Chemistry or Biochemisty

I received my grades and failed biology. how ever I have been offered alternative offers from both universities Keele to do biochemistry with a foundation year and Swansea to do chemistry with a foundation year. I really want to do biochem however I also want to go to Swansea university as I thought it would be my best fit. What should I do?
Reply 1
if you want to do biochem i recommend u take the offer from keele because i couldnt imagine myself doing a course for 4 years that i dont even want to do
Original post by Ali_0705
I received my grades and failed biology. how ever I have been offered alternative offers from both universities Keele to do biochemistry with a foundation year and Swansea to do chemistry with a foundation year. I really want to do biochem however I also want to go to Swansea university as I thought it would be my best fit. What should I do?

Depends which you want more and where you want to be in life.

Would you want to go do biochem more than go to Swansea? I would recommend biochem because it is what you want and will be better for you in the long run.
Reply 3
Chemistry at Swansea is a choice you 100% won't regret and I would put good money on it. There should be a way to transfer to biochemistry at the end of your foundation year if you /really/ hate it, but the vast majority of people at the department never look back I promise you! If you need further proof of this, look at the NSS results for chemistry - we're #1 in 6 of the 7 main themes.
(edited 8 months ago)
Hey, it's been 7 months so I don't know what you chose...hope it's going well! But I was in the same situation. I was told chemistry because I go into biochem as the years progressed (my final year project was med chem). Basically keep it general, more options after uni etc...which I agree....I am also biased as swansea chem alumni (which is why I'm curious what you chose and how it's going) 😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending