37%
23%
10%
TERRIBLE13%
Total votes: 68
Ok combined lads, how did it go
@Evil Homer
Answers so far for new people:

Q. What is the drug digitalis made from? (1 mark)
a. Bacteria
b. Foxglove
c. Mould
d. Willow
A. b (Foxglove)

Q. Why do people using beta blockers feel out of breath during exercise? (6 marks)
A. Points to include to get 6 marks:
-Beta blockers prevent your heart rate from increasing as you exercise.
-This limits the supply of oxygenated blood to cells.
-Which is needed for respiration.
-This could lead to higher levels of anaerobic respiration/oxygen debt/cells need more oxygen.
-Body tries to get more oxygen through increasing breathing rate.
-This leads to feelings of shortness of breath.
[if someone could write a full marks answer for everyone we would appreciate it...]

Q. What is the size of the real image under the microscope? The magnification is x50 and the image is size 43mm under the magnification. Give in micrometres (2 marks?)
A. 43 divided by 50 = 0.86mm (real size image in millimetres), 0.86 times 1000 = 860um (real size in micrometres)

Q. Find the value of X in this table. Give your answer to 2sf. [insert table - cardiovascular output and heart rate with an X for stroke volume rate] (2 marks)
A. You had to divide something by something and the answer was 53.8 but rounded to 2sf was 54 (2sf)

Q. Why are nitrate ions essential for plants to survive?
A. Main points for 4 marks:
-Plants need nitrogen (found in nitrates) for:
-Amino acids
-DNA
-ATP
-Chlorophyll

Q. Describe the graph with different stages of bacteria growth. [insert graph with an exponential growth, then peak, then slow downfall]
A. Stage A: The Bacteria number is low because they have not had time to divide and reproduce.
Stage B: The Bacteria is growing exponentially due to no limiting factors.
Stage C: The Bacteria has reached a peak due to it having a limiting factor.
Stage D: The Bacteria has used up all of its culture and is therefore dying due to no nutrition.

Q. The single celled organism [insert picture of small cube] can get all its nutrients through diffusion, however the multi-cellular organism can not [insert picture of big cube]. Why is this? [5 marks]
A. -work out the surface area to volume ratio for both; the smaller cube as a greater surface area to volume ratio as its a single celled organism (cannot remember what it was I think it was bacteria or some ****) meaning sufficient substances diffuse in and out of the cell meeting the demand of the cell
-The bigger cube (multi cellular organism) will have a lower surface area to volume ratio however you could mention that this is offset by the surfaces being adapted for substance exchange.

Q. How to return the air bubble to the front of the tube?
A. Turn the tap [this is not certain but most people put it]

Q. What indicator is used in the test for starch?
A. Iodine

Q. What indicator is used in the test for sugar?
A. Benedict's solution

Q. What does the partially permeable tubing and water represent? [insert picture of partially permeable tubing surrounded with water at body temperature]
A. Small intestine and blood

If anyone has any corrections or new answers, comment them and we will add or correct.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Wasn’t too bad aside from the fact 90% of the paper was on plants 😂😂
ikrrrrrrrrrrrrrr glad i revised the required practicals the morning before...
Original post by Dworsfold
Wasn’t too bad aside from the fact 90% of the paper was on plants 😂😂
wtf was that cube stuff and nitrate ions to help plants grow??? amino acids???!!!!
I think i made some pretty good educated guesses, especially the digitalis one which I guess foxglove and was right (:
Original post by Qwer :)
I think i made some pretty good educated guesses, especially the digitalis one which I guess foxglove and was right (:

foxglove!! i guessed that too
like seriously... I had no idea... said some random shix but some smart person told me it was about helping with protein production or something
Original post by sillysauage
wtf was that cube stuff and nitrate ions to help plants grow??? amino acids???!!!!
like seriously... I had no idea... said some random shix but some smart person told me it was about helping with protein production or something

Yeahh i googled it after and was like wtf? lol i waffled
Reply 8
in the 2 years I have done biology I have never recalled nitrate ions in photosynthesis or have we ever done exchanging surfaces before wtf? aqa are clowning us..
at least the grade boundaries are going to be low
Nitrates tend to grow in dark and damp places like ass (donkey) cracks . 😉 . 🍆 are packed with nitrates as well that's why they recommend that you eat them, they are super healthy! I would suggest that maybe AQA doesn't drink too much coffee or other drinks before making the paper else they are gonna make a deformed paper again ! 2 years in a row! I bet that it is going to be like this for roughly another 2 years. Pay F to pay respect for all the fallen soldiers who take Ls LOOOOOOOL !!
P.S. im set 8 england !
ikr
Original post by HarshyBar
Nitrates tend to grow in dark and damp places like ass (donkey) cracks . 😉 . 🍆 are packed with nitrates as well that's why they recommend that you eat them, they are super healthy! I would suggest that maybe AQA doesn't drink too much coffee or other drinks before making the paper else they are gonna make a deformed paper again ! 2 years in a row! I bet that it is going to be like this for roughly another 2 years. Pay F to pay respect for all the fallen soldiers who take Ls LOOOOOOOL !!
@sanjeeveg you are right !!!!!!! OSDFHUIOWEDAFHSDKOALFHWAEDHF WHAT THE BHANCHOD BHOSRI FACKERONI! WHEN DID THE BHOSRI'S TEACH US ABOUT NITRATES ! KUTHI KUTHRA NAH BAP PUTTA KUNDI KUNJAMANI
Original post by sanjeeveg
Everyone press f in the chat. We all took a major L. We just have to hope that the kids with autism will bring the grade boundary down. BIG OOF.

big F big up the base kids
Anyone know how to make the 5x Eyepeice lens into x50, I said put a x10 lens in the microscope so they would multiply to make x50 but I'm not sure if that's right...
Reply 16
I just looked through the cgp guide there isnt even anything about beta blockers tf?????
Original post by lucayah
I just looked through the cgp guide there isnt even anything about beta blockers tf?????

Soooooo true, I only knew what it was cause one of my friends took it for anti-stress
i think it isss that’s what my friends and i put
Anyone know how to make the 5x Eyepeice lens into x50, I said put a x10 lens in the microscope so they would multiply to make x50 but I'm not sure if that's right...
Fffffffffffff
Original post by sillysauage
big f big up the base kids

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending