The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL GCSE Year 10 chat 2024-2025:

Hey all,
Just made this in advance for the current Yr10s 2023-2024 who are taking their GCSEs for 2025!!
As far as i'm aware there isn't a chat specifically for the 2025 year?

Don't hesitate to ask questions about any subjects you take, you can relate to others taking the same subject and exam board as you and share revision materials!!
There is a long way a way until our GCSEs commence however, we need to be as prepared as we can possibly be!!
I currently take:
English lit and lang (AQA)
Maths (Edexcel)
Bio, Chem, Phys (Edexcel)
Spanish (AQA)
Geography (AQA)
Design and Technology (AQA)
Religious Education (AQA in year 10)

Wishing yous the best of luck! 😊 Happy Revising: 🙂
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
I actually am a Year 10 now and I do my mock exams in a few months time and I might need advice! I do The following:
French (AQA),Photography,Geography,Maths,Combined Science,Eng Lit and Lang
The most subject I may need help is French!!
Could any of you help?
Original post by Harfan654
I actually am a Year 10 now and I do my mock exams in a few months time and I might need advice! I do The following:
French (AQA),Photography,Geography,Maths,Combined Science,Eng Lit and Lang
The most subject I may need help is French!!
Could any of you help?

Spanish and French both have pretty similar ways of revision personally i would recommend:
1) Taking a look at AQA specification for French and memorising/revising over the key terms and vocab that are required for the exam
2) For Spanish i go on quizlet for some online flashcards you can either take a look at pre made ones or create your own I think this would be pretty helpful for French too!
3) Past papers are key for revision I am assuming for french you do essay based questions? Perhaps you could time yourself and work on your essay in the set amount of time and then send a copy for your teacher to mark and/or on here for others to give feedback. But centre your attention to the questions you struggle on the most and just keep on practising.
Hope this helps! 🙂
Reply 3
Thank you so much! What do you have resources for the subject that I have?
Thank you so much! What do you have resources for the subject that I have?

I don't have any resources for French as I don't take it but if you check online they may have some ways to revise with key lists and mind maps. 🙂
Original post by checkered-almond
I don't have any resources for French as I don't take it but if you check online they may have some ways to revise with key lists and mind maps. 🙂
Reply 6
Alright thanks for the heads-up!
Alright thanks for the heads-up!
No problem! Wasn't sure if my post got sent properlyy 😊
Reply 8
do you have resources for other subjects as well?
do you have resources for other subjects as well?
ermmm...what subjects do you need for?
Hey everyone,

Here are a few things you can do now on TSR:

Test your news knowledge with the quiz of the week!

Share your opinion on what the meaning of life is

Happy TSRing! :biggrin:,
Emmanuella 🎀
ermmm...what subjects do you need for?
Photography,Geography,Maths,English,Combined Science,Food and French
Reply 12
Hey all,
Just made this in advance for the current Yr10s 2023-2024 who are taking their GCSEs for 2025!!
As far as i'm aware there isn't a chat specifically for the 2025 year?
Don't hesitate to ask questions about any subjects you take, you can relate to others taking the same subject and exam board as you and share revision materials!!
There is a long way a way until our GCSEs commence however, we need to be as prepared as we can possibly be!!
I currently take:
English lit and lang (AQA)
Maths (Edexcel)
Bio, Chem, Phys (Edexcel)
Spanish (AQA)
Geography (AQA)
Design and Technology (AQA)
Religious Education (AQA in year 10)
Wishing yous the best of luck! 😊 Happy Revising: 🙂
Hello! I am a student in year 10 and soon have my summative assessment's in a couple of month's and those will decide my set's going into my year 11 mock's and actual GCSE's. So far due to multiple reason's I have been doing terrible in school especially with my grade's, getting barely any 4's and getting load's of 3's in some of my previous test's. I have now started revising and set up a schedule to obviously push my grade's up to 6's 7's and maybe even higher, I am currently set to do higher paper's and was wondering if anyone knows what topic's I should be revising? I have multiple CGP book's but they each have 100's of page's and I want to know if anyone has a site or something that tells us the topic's we should focus most on for each subject's so I can specifically work on them instead of wasting time on revising unnecessary topic's.

I currently take, Math, Eng Lang, Eng Lit, Combined Science (Physics, Biology, Chemistry), History, Geography, Business Studies, Drama.
Original post by Ruzgar1
Hello! I am a student in year 10 and soon have my summative assessment's in a couple of month's and those will decide my set's going into my year 11 mock's and actual GCSE's. So far due to multiple reason's I have been doing terrible in school especially with my grade's, getting barely any 4's and getting load's of 3's in some of my previous test's. I have now started revising and set up a schedule to obviously push my grade's up to 6's 7's and maybe even higher, I am currently set to do higher paper's and was wondering if anyone knows what topic's I should be revising? I have multiple CGP book's but they each have 100's of page's and I want to know if anyone has a site or something that tells us the topic's we should focus most on for each subject's so I can specifically work on them instead of wasting time on revising unnecessary topic's.
I currently take, Math, Eng Lang, Eng Lit, Combined Science (Physics, Biology, Chemistry), History, Geography, Business Studies, Drama.

Hey I’m currently in year 10 am targeted okay grades from the baseline assessment but I’m striving to get higher with predictions of 7+ and a few under 7. The way I am currently revising is by doing practice papers and then based of what I am not doing well on I work on for example creating flash cards for those specific areas or working on them areas using CGP books. They are very content heavy them CGP books but if you create revision materials from them they help you to build upon those gaps in your knowledge. Plus don’t waste your time on the subjects that you already know mainly focus your time on the areas you struggle with the most and then just before the exam do a quick recall on the areas you know quite well bc there is no point re revising the stuff you know well. Time is precious!I would say tho to start earlier than later because you don’t want to be in the position of learning things when it comes to y11 it’s better that we start revising (not too much) but enough that you feel in a comfortable position that you are satisfied with the amount you have done. The worst part about receiving an exam back that you didn’t do so well on is knowing that you had the time to revise more but didn’t use it effectively that’s what ends up disheartening you the most. If you have the time,resources and motivation why wouldn’t you want to do well!! Anyways this was a bit of a ramble but hope it helps let me know if you want any more support/ideasss!!! 😊
Hiiiii
Im doing

Maths - Edexcel
Further Maths - AQA
English Language - AQA
English Literature - AQA
Physics (Triple) - AQA
Chemistry (Triple) - AQA
Biology (Triple) - AQA
French - Edexcel
Business Studies - Edexcel
History - Edexcel
Turkish - Edexcel

Im aiming for all 9s :smile:

Good luck everyone 🍀
Original post by Salatalik
Hiiiii
Im doing
Maths - Edexcel
Further Maths - AQA
English Language - AQA
English Literature - AQA
Physics (Triple) - AQA
Chemistry (Triple) - AQA
Biology (Triple) - AQA
French - Edexcel
Business Studies - Edexcel
History - Edexcel
Turkish - Edexcel
Im aiming for all 9s :smile:
Good luck everyone 🍀

Hey are you stitting your GCSES this year if so good luck!! How is further maths too compared to higher maths is it a big step?? And would you recommend choosing it I’m not too sure whether to take the opportunity or not. I don’t to regret not choosing it but then regret choosing it if it’s not for me. 🙂
Hey are you stitting your GCSES this year if so good luck!! How is further maths too compared to higher maths is it a big step?? And would you recommend choosing it I’m not too sure whether to take the opportunity or not. I don’t to regret not choosing it but then regret choosing it if it’s not for me. 🙂

hii
No Im not sitting my GCSEs this year (except for one because Im doing that one outside of school). We didnt start any fm topics yet but I think we are doing the first one a few weeks later so there isnt much I can tell you about it - sorry 🙂 But from what I know, it seems like a relatively light GCSE as there are not many topics compared to GCSE Maths (higher). Considering they are both worth a single GCSE, fm seems like it has much less content and you sit one less paper as well! I dont particularly love maths so if youre like me its probably not a huge loss for you. Right now it doesnt feel hard or intimidating but I guess the real difference will be in Year 11!

Quick Reply

Latest