The Student Room Group

2019 AQA GCSE Biology Combined Science Higher - 14th May 2019

Scroll to see replies

Hmmm... if the real size was 43 millimetres like sonno said and the magnification was 50x like I remember then you should divide it by 50 to get real size which is 0.86 then * by 1000 to get micrometres which should be 860 micrometres? I could well be wrong.
Original post by Xbrandon02x
So what was the answer? I got 50🙁
yep if you also got it then that is probably the answer
Original post by TheRealMacbeth
Reply 62
Yesss i said that, cuz total magnification = eyepiece lens x objective lens, so u had to divide.

Original post by orlyanne
i think it isss that’s what my friends and i put
yay
Original post by Hikey1
Yesss i said that, cuz total magnification = eyepiece lens x objective lens, so u had to divide.
What did u guys get for the question where u had to find the value of X in the table using that equation, I forgot the question but remember getting 53
Reply 65
I think I got 53.8 or something but you had to round to 2 s.f , so i got 54. but you'll probs still get the mark.
Original post by sonu2003
What did u guys get for the question where u had to find the value of X in the table using that equation, I forgot the question but remember getting 53
hmmmmmmmmmmm, I cant really remember that one... but I can visualise the table. What was the topic...?
Original post by sonu2003
oh yeah it was to 2sf
Original post by ahb386
I think I got 53.8 or something but you had to round to 2 s.f , so i got 54. but you'll probs still get the mark.
do you remember the question?
Original post by ahb386
Reply 69
Original post by sillysauage
wtf was that cube stuff and nitrate ions to help plants grow??? amino acids???!!!!

Apparently it was proteins i asked a triple science student their paper was WAYYY easier
Original post by Qwer :)
hmmmmmmmmmmm, I cant really remember that one... but I can visualise the table. What was the topic...?

It was about the heart
Reply 71
Ok combined lads, how did it go
@Evil Homer
Answers so far for new people:

Q. What is the drug digitalis made from? (1 mark)
a. Bacteria
b. Foxglove
c. Mould
d. Willow
A. b (Foxglove)

Q. Why do people using beta blockers feel out of breath during exercise? (6 marks)
A. Something about the heart not being able to beat fast enough and not be able to get oxygen around the body is on the right track... [if someone could write a full marks or 5 mark answer for everyone we would appreciate it...]

Q. What is the size of the real image under the microscope? The magnification is x50 and the image is size 43mm under the magnification. Give in micrometres (2 marks?)
A. 43 divided by 50 = 0.86mm (real size image in millimetres), 0.86 times 1000 = 860um (real size in micrometres)

if anyone has any corrections or new answers, comment them and we will add or correct.

could someone please explain why culturing microorganisms was on the paper and its triple?
Original post by Mzhax
Apparently it was proteins i asked a triple science student their paper was WAYYY easier

lol the smart triple students, most of my friends doing triple said it was hard asf.
Reply 73
What was that partially permeable answer about the body and water
My friends said the triple was easy lol
Original post by kaimpower573
at least the grade boundaries are going to be low

Hopefully, they really need to be ... i waffled so much
Ask AQA...
Original post by kst_xx
could someone please explain why culturing microorganisms was on the paper and its triple?
Reply 77
I think you had to find the stroke volume rate from cariovascular output and heart rate
do you remember the question?
Original post by ahb386

Same, wahayyyy
Describing the graph of different stages of bacteri?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending