The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For the last question I got 0.62 mol/dm^3 and 69.44 g/dm^3 for the last question, but the second one is wrong
(edited 4 years ago)
For the bond energy one (higher tier) I got -2... something lol can’t remembrr
Original post by ettamagill
Post your answers for questions for TRIPLE AQA from today x
I got 0.62 mol too!
Original post by mosquito1234
For the last question I got 0.62 mol/dm^3 and 68.44 g/dm^3 for the last question, but the second one is wrong
Why aluminium oxide is a mixture one I said how it’s melting point is way too high so it needs to be a mixture to lower it
Original post by ettamagill
Post your answers for questions for TRIPLE AQA from today x
Reply 5
For the 6mark question on the back I got 0.62 mol/dm3 and then 34.72g/dm3
Reply 6
I got 0.62 and then 34.72 for the second one
what was the answer for why the positive elctrode had to be replaced? I said because gas is produced at the positive electrode and it can corrode the electrode
Same
Original post by nabihaa
I got 0.62 and then 34.72 for the second one
Reply 9
what was the reason for it being an exothermic reaction, I put the energy used to make bonds was greater than the energy released
how did everyone find it ???
Yh that’s what I said and how the anode is made up of carbon which would react With oxygen to make carbon dioxiede
Original post by kandy1023
what was the answer for why the positive elctrode had to be replaced? I said because gas is produced at the positive electrode and it can corrode the electrode
Good! A lot of ppl came out saying it was hard thou
Original post by tanyapriya
how did everyone find it ???
Yh same
Original post by nabihaa
what was the reason for it being an exothermic reaction, I put the energy used to make bonds was greater than the energy released
Reply 14
Said the same thing
Original post by nabihaa

That’s what I put as well but I put greater than the energy used to break bonds in the reactants
I got 0.617777777 so did u lot just round to 6.2
Hope the exam went well!
-1200 ish (cant remember the exact number) on the bond energies. And i got 200kg ish for the mass of oxygen however i am not confident :frown:
Reply 19

Because it’s made of graphite which is a form of carbon and it reacts with oxygen to form carbon dioxide

Latest

Trending

Trending