The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Because oxygen produced reacts with the carbon electrode at the high temp to produce carbon dioxide
Original post by kandy1023
Bewhat was the answer for why the positive elctrode had to be replaced? I said because gas is produced at the positive electrode and it can corrode the electrode
Original post by ettamagill
Post your answers for questions for TRIPLE AQA from today x

What was the copperoxide question about? With the burning hydrogen?
What did people get for that weird oxide reaction question
Reply 23
I think I got 0.31 and 17.36 or something for the last 6 marker. Everyone else got 0.62, so I must have forgotten to double it or something due to the moles being twice the reactants.
It was a fairly hard paper
i got 6.1177777 so it was very close to 6.2 so did people just round up plz tell me ?
yes i got that too-hopefully we only lose 1mark for that and not 2 lol
Original post by Anthos
I think I got 0.31 and 17.36 or something for the last 6 marker. Everyone else got 0.62, so I must have forgotten to double it or something due to the moles being twice the reactants.
Reply 27
I got 941kg on the 2000kg Aluminium Oxide question and -1002 on the bond energy
Original post by mosquito1234
For the last question I got 0.62 mol/dm^3 and 69.44 g/dm^3 for the last question, but the second one is wrong

I got 0.6 and then 33 point something
what did you all get for whats seen in the reaction between sodium and chlorine?? stumped me tbh
Original post by sim_c1

Yh
Original post by sashalewiss
what did you all get for whats seen in the reaction between sodium and chlorine?? stumped me tbh

I said you will see an ionic compound form Sodium chloride
I got 941.2
Original post by sim_c1
What did you guys get for the question before the one where it said whether equation 1 or 2 was right?
What did everyone get for the standard form question
Reply 34
Original post by OptimisticMedic
What did you guys get for the question before the one where it said whether equation 1 or 2 was right?

For equation 2 wbu
Original post by ridaax
For equation 2 wbu

Yh but what about the one before that.
Hard to remember but it was two two mark questions and you had to use the results to calculate how much copper oxide and how much hydrogen?
Reply 36
Yh but what about the one before that.
Hard to remember but it was two two mark questions and you had to use the results to calculate how much copper oxide and how much hydrogen?

I literally didn’t do that
Original post by Billy855

I put 4. Something x10 ^4 I think
equation 2
Totally didn't make up an element because I had no idea about the cryolite thing
Reply 39
4.0344 x 10^4 if I recall correctly
Original post by Billy855

Latest

Trending

Trending