The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oxygen reacts with the carbon electrode to produce carbon dioxide
Original post by kandy1023
what was the answer for why the positive elctrode had to be replaced? I said because gas is produced at the positive electrode and it can corrode the electrode
yeah i got the same for that
Original post by sim_c1
I got 941kg on the 2000kg Aluminium Oxide question and -1002 on the bond energy
Original post by ettamagill
For the 6mark question on the back I got 0.62 mol/dm3 and then 34.72g/dm3

got the same
I got 37.42g/dm^3
Original post by meriem_ait
I got 0.62 mol too!

Original post by mosquito1234
For the last question I got 0.62 mol/dm^3 and 69.44 g/dm^3 for the last question, but the second one is wrong
it was 3/2 * 941
Original post by iqraaaaa
yeah i got the same for that
I'm feeling confident with the entire paper EXCEPT that last 6 mark question :/
But overall, that was easier than I expected lol
Equation 2
Original post by OptimisticMedic
What did you guys get for the question before the one where it said whether equation 1 or 2 was right?
Reply 47
Original post by mosquito1234
For the last question I got 0.62 mol/dm^3 and 69.44 g/dm^3 for the last question, but the second one is wrong

I got the same for both of those but many agree saying we are wrong for the 2nd
H+ was one of the answers and the chromium compound was the catalyst
Reply 49
for the second one i got 51.52 g/dm^3
Original post by Rodpods
I got the same for both of those but many agree saying we are wrong for the 2nd
Original post by ettamagill
Post your answers for questions for TRIPLE AQA from today x

I would like an applaude rn your welcome everyone I DRAGED DOWN THE GRADE BOUNDARIES FOR Y'ALL 😉
Original post by Ddfvbjjjhgvvh
I got 0.617777777 so did u lot just round to 6.2

i got 0.62 i rounded down i think
Reply 52
I don’t know but I said the oxygen would react with the electrode and form a layer of metal oxide around it but i dont know

what was the answer for why the positive elctrode had to be replaced? I said because gas is produced at the positive electrode and it can corrode the electrode
Reply 53
you probably didnt but thanks anyway you took one for the team i took a hit on biology :frown:
Original post by VelexiaHeart
I would like an applaude rn your welcome everyone I DRAGED DOWN THE GRADE BOUNDARIES FOR Y'ALL 😉

It is because the anode is carbon so reacts with the oxygen forming C02 which is a gas so it burns off.
Reply 55
Yeah I worked out the number of moles for each from the weight
Original post by chriswillis29
Equation 2
Reply 56
carbon reacts with oxygen at the anode so carbon dioxide is produced CORRODING the carbon electrode
Original post by deepakbaji
It is because the anode is carbon so reacts with the oxygen forming C02 which is a gas so it burns off.
Original post by Sarahpod8
What was the copperoxide question about? With the burning hydrogen?

To be honest not sure. But i wrote that because the excess hydrogen will go back into the entry tube as it is present in the air so might change the results so has to be burned off to prevent it entering.
Original post by charlieost
-1200 ish (cant remember the exact number) on the bond energies. And i got 200kg ish for the mass of oxygen however i am not confident :frown:

I got -1272 i think
Reply 59
yes exactly that
Original post by deepakbaji
To be honest not sure. But i wrote that because the excess hydrogen will go back into the entry tube as it is present in the air so might change the results so has to be burned off to prevent it entering.

Original post by Lucysturton4
I got -1272 i think

Latest

Trending

Trending