The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
It was about how the receptors on the skin have a site that is complementary to the shape of ACh
Original post by LaurenSmith9699
What did people put for the question on the colour changing skin on the squid? lol
Original post by AMberrose1234
The compared the haemoglobin one
Similarities
Made of different amino acids not repeating units
Both conjugated

Difference
4 polypeptide chains not 1
4 irons not 1

Difference I wrote was that Haemoglobin has two beta polypeptide and two alpha
And the other protein has disulfide bonds Haemoglobin doesn’t
I wrote these because before the question it said both have different tertiary and secondary structures
Reply 82
What did people put for the question on the colour changing skin on the squid? lol

That light is a limiting factor and it absorbs blue light
Reply 83
i talked about the secondary messenger model
Original post by Y.01.A
It was about how the receptors on the skin have a site that is complementary to the shape of ACh
Original post by Elliefggj
I put noradrenaline and cortisol but think noradrenaline is wrong

noradrenaline is right x
Reply 85
Probably confused the percentages as 10%? that's what I did at first and then noticed that it was 1.0%
Original post by lynn55
Loads of ppl getting 36000 for people teasing positive for testosterone and I don’t know why
I put RuBP instead of Ribulose Bisphosphate, is that fine?
Original post by j355j0n35
Agreed! But I put protein rather than amino acid🤦🏼*♀️
can anyone remember the multiple choice questions?
I said both contain Fe prosthetic group and both quaternary structure but idk :smile:
Original post by Sara saeed
I wrote both contain Fe ion prosthetic group
What was the other similarity between Haemoglobin and the other protein?
Reply 89
The mcq talking about blood pressure with Na/k and Cl- what did people get for that?
Reply 90
me too
Original post by Ksims2604
I said both contain Fe prosthetic group and both quaternary structure but idk :smile:
In the blue light and limiting factor one
It would absorb red light if the colour of the plant is blue as it absorbs the opposite (like chloroplasts being green) and light wasn’t a limiting factor as it said if light is provided why does it level off meaning something else is the limiting factor
also what was the answer to the question about why the light independant reaction is known as the dark reaction?
i got noradrenaline and thyroxine cant remember if the question stated where they were produced
Original post by archibald300
For a table near the end did anyone get
Aldosterone
Cortisol
Original post by Sara saeed
I wrote both contain Fe ion prosthetic group
What was the other similarity between Haemoglobin and the other protein?

I just put both made of polypeptide chains of amino acids. Bit of waffle wasn’t too sure
2 and 3 ?
Original post by stitche
The mcq talking about blood pressure with Na/k and Cl- what did people get for that?
2 &3 as no potassium in kidneys
Original post by stitche
also what was the answer to the question about why the light independant reaction is known as the dark reaction?

It doesn’t use light in the Calvin cycle but it needs to ATP and NADP made from the light dependent reaction to work
I got -200 or something
Original post by Tygasga
For independent variable i got: temperature
Dependent variable i got volume of oxygen (something like that)
For controlled i got light intensity
For the variable not controlled i put carbon dioxide concentration

For the graph question after i said something about how the rate of photosynthesis was highest at 30 degrees because of steeper gradient etc etc. Also said that the enzymes don't denature at high temperatures (something along those lines anyways)

Yes I put the exact same variables. I was unsure about which one was not controlled but it said that CO2 was in excess meaning its not constant.

Latest

Trending

Trending