The Student Room Group

Plymouth vs ARU?

Have offers from both Unis for Medicine but not so sure which one to choose for firm/insurance? The req grades are the same for both offers.

went to Plymouth the other day and felt like it was very quiet compared to my hometown and in years 3-5 you will be placed in Torbay/Plymouth/Torquay. Most of the students at Plymouth decide to stay in the city centre as that’s where the vibrance is but then the downside is a 15-20min bus journey for some lectures/clinical skills in yr 3-5

Plymouth is 4hr by train on average (sometimes 3hrs 40min) from where I live whereas ARU is 3hrs by train (sometimes 2hrs 40min) and ARU is 1hr from central London which can be good for an outing I guess.

Because medicine is regulated across all universities, the only differing factors are the city and course structure? The only downside to ARU is that it is a new uni and has had bad rep. (Eg in the news) but I guess medicine isn’t bad there because it’s regulated by GMC?
Reply 1
Bump???
Reply 2
Anyone???
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone???

Hey I’m not sure if you’ll see this but I’m in the exact same situation for 2021 entry. I’m stuck deciding between the 2 and as this post was awhile ago I assume you’ve started one of the 2 courses. If so, why did you choose one course over the other one and what do you think of it? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending