The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Would you send your kids to a private school?

Scroll to see replies

Jay Riall
Any reason for this other than emotion?

I just don't think it should be this way, but it is. I'm just answering the question. I don't think i would send my kids to a private school. That's pretty much it.
sweetdarling
I agree with what you're saying, but i just think it shouldn't be that way. Meh.

In an ideal world it wouldn't be...unfortunately it's far from an ideal world.
Having been to a comprehensive all my life until A levels, where I switched to private, I'm certain I'll get any kids I have to a private or grammar school.
The thing is the standard isn't necessarily better...

Public school is great (depending of course) and if as a parent you help your child by buying them extra exercise books and what not they will flourish just as well. So no i don't think i would.

It's not necessary!
Reply 484
I've gone through the whole state school thing all the way through 6th form. And to be honest it was for the most part atrotious. I wasn't the most academic of student but I was held back so much by the morons that infest the schools.
The problem is that alot of the children I went to school with came from messed up families, I didnt (I live in Hackney btw) and thus there is usually a reason why some of them don't give a monkeys about education when there own parent don't care. Lots of times the parents would get angry at the teachers when its there own fault.

I would send my children to private school unless he/she can get into a decent state one. BTW its not all bad a few people went to Oxbridge and the like, but more could've made it too if things were better.
Reply 485
It would depend if they wanted to...
Mr. Orange
From the people that I know who go to private schools, they are a bit out of touch with reality, they get what they want and things are done for them too much.

I go to private school and this is my opinion of many of my peers. Personally I blame their parents for being too protective. My parents even think that a lot of the parents try to hide them from everything -even at age 15.

Personally I think that I would send my children to private school unless they said they hated it but I wouldn't send them to a private school just because it was a private school it would actually have to be a good one.
Reply 487
pollystyrene07
Linking in with the other thread, would you personally send your kids to a private school if you had the money? i can honestly say that even if i became the richest person in the world, i never would. I hate the idea that just because someones parents earn more money then that child should recieve a 'better' standard of education. Also, I think it's important to mix with people from different backgrounds and different social classes (a concept I also hate). If your just mixing with rich, upper class people (I'm not saying ALL private school children are, but come on its the majority), then u don't get to experience the rest of society and meet different people. As important as academic education is, in my opinion it's more important to be well-rounded and hav a good 'education' of life. Also, is private education actually worth the money??? I, along wiv many of my friends at uni, went to a comprehensive state school and are on the same course at the same uni as students who went to private schools. Anyone who thinks they can change my opinion go ahead, I'm open-minded.

I would. I received a private education and loved every minute of it. Nothing wrong with it. If you can afford it, why not give it? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending