The Student Room Group

Please send a positive message to the victim of a race hate campaign.

This afternoon my friend's flatmate was racially abused and violently attacked in her own home by a trespasser. Her injuries are not life threatening or very painful. But this incident marks an escalation in a vicious hate campaign that began on campus in November 2015.

She is being targeted for verbal abuse, violence and harassment because her parents have different skin colours. She has suffered nearly four years of: abusive phone calls, race slurs yelled in her face, stalking, deliberate acts of violence and saliva spat in her face & hair.
The harassment has been constant, as have the slanderous lies about both her and her family.

Over the last 18 months, the hate campaign has been brought to my friend's front door.
Attempts to climb inside the flat, vandalism of property, and noise nuisance at night.
Police references numbers have been issued for incidents involving: trespass, criminal damage to her home, threats to kill, threatening messages and malicious communications.

The perpetrators of the race hate campaign have utterly terrorised the victim; completely broken her spirit and devastated every aspect of her life.

It would be amazing if some members of the TSR community could write a brief message to a young woman who has reached rock bottom and remind her that there is always hope that life will get better. I will print out all positive messages and get them too her.

Scroll to see replies

To the strong person, it may concern,

If someone is strong enough to bring you down, Show them you are strong enough to get back up. Remain calm, and without knowing it now, you will be rewarded later.
Reply 2
Original post by ToysAreUs
To the strong person, it may concern,

If someone is strong enough to bring you down, Show them you are strong enough to get back up. Remain calm, and without knowing it now, you will be rewarded later.

:smile:
Original post by londonmyst
This afternoon my friend's flatmate was racially abused and violently attacked in her own home by a trespasser. Her injuries are not life threatening or very painful. But this incident marks an escalation in a vicious hate campaign that began on campus in November 2015.

She is being targeted for verbal abuse, violence and harassment because her parents have different skin colours. She has suffered nearly four years of: abusive phone calls, race slurs yelled in her face, stalking, deliberate acts of violence and saliva spat in her face & hair.
The harassment has been constant, as have the slanderous lies about both her and her family.

Over the last 18 months, the hate campaign has been brought to my friend's front door.
Attempts to climb inside the flat, vandalism of property, and noise nuisance at night.
Police references numbers have been issued for incidents involving: trespass, criminal damage to her home, threats to kill, threatening messages and malicious communications.

The perpetrators of the race hate campaign have utterly terrorised the victim; completely broken her spirit and devastated every aspect of her life.

It would be amazing if some members of the TSR community could write a brief message to a young woman who has reached rock bottom and remind her that there is always hope that life will get better. I will print out all positive messages and get them too her.

This is truly disgusting; she should get herself a nice big air rifle and next time they come creeping into her place make them bleed.
Reply 4
I know.
The racists and all their abuse has worn her down to nothing.
She's hiding in a budget hotel room, terrified that they will find her. :angry::angry:
Reply 5
For all the hate, there's love. For all the fear, there's bravery so let them be afraid of you and the positivity you can bring to the world whilst they stay in the darkness the fear and hatred brings them.

Lucky for you, you've got a friend who loves you enough to remind you that the small minds and closed hearts don't matter. :smile:
I know.
The racists and all their abuse has worn her down to nothing.
She's hiding in a budget hotel room, terrified that they will find her. :angry::angry:

What have the police said?
We still have people assaulting others based on their race in 2019? These despicable racists belong in the 70s not in the modern times. I hope they catch them and teach them a lesson.
Ngl whenever someone hurls a racial slur at me now I really don’t care. Not really advice, especially cause your mate has had a much worse experience.

To your mate, tell her to try not to become ‘guarded’. It’s easy to hate on white people, but a lot of them aren’t racist and would stick up against racism. It’s a terrible thing to go through, but if she’s strong enough to accept it for 4 years she will inshAllah be able to endure it for longer.
To anyone who needs this, and everyone else too,

This type of thing is truly disgusting. Neither you or any other person should ever have to go through anything like this. You are too important. Your thoughts matter. Your feelings matter. Your happiness matters. You matter. Remember that. For everyone who hates you there's another one who loves you. And you are loved. And you are cherished. And you are strong. Strong enough to get through this. Which you will. You may be scared. That's okay. Everybody gets scared - Terrified, even. But it's okay. You're okay. Because you'll get through it. You'll be strong enough to keep getting up no matter how many times they push you down. You'll show them that they can't beat you. Because you matter. And you are loved. And you will be okay.
i'm sorry this happened to you. you must be feeling very low at the moment. at first you might be scared at home especially because this has been happening for a long time. but soon you'll feel safe again and you'll realize that these people you have met are just vile, spiteful human beings that make other people feel bad about themselves. they are jealous and insecure because you are good and you have amazing qualities which you should cherish. you will recover from this and you will move past this suffering that you have experienced and you do deserve to be happy.
stay strong and be proud of your own identity. you are not what they say you are and you are not what they have done to you.
Original post by Notoriety
"Friend's flatmate"

Dog's sister's uncle's step-father ...

We're getting a bit tenuous now.

Great advice/message.
Original post by Aaryra
Great advice/message.

I was unmoved. When it's this tenuous, how do we know if we're getting the full story. Hearsay does not work for me.
I was unmoved. When it's this tenuous, how do we know if we're getting the full story. Hearsay does not work for me.

It seems nothing works for you
"Friend's flatmate"

Dog's sister's uncle's step-father ...

We're getting a bit tenuous now.

I understand your sense of scepticism.
I had to see and hear it for myself too.
I'm a lifelong Londoner; if someone had told me 10 years ago that a brazen race hate campaign was occurring virtually unchallenged in London I wouldn't have believed them.
TSR rules don't allow me to include my friend's name on threads.
Nor put up photos of her flatmate's injuries and the damage done to their home.

Would you like me to message you some of the police reference numbers and a scan of some of the related paperwork?
This includes: a request for assistance my friend wrote to two high profile MPs in 2018, a reply that she received and a lawyer's letter requesting one perpetrator to cease harassing the victim after he entered her uni premises and refused to leave the classroom when requested to by her lecturer.
The Met issued a police reference number within an hour but nobody has come to take her statement yet.

The three local police officers she usually sees are all on holiday and won't be be back until next week.
The last time she met with them, recommendations were to: change her phone number, buy a panic alarm service for the flat and ensure all gates, doors&windows are double locked.
She's changed her phone number 9 times, got rid of her iphone and has 2 sensor alarms fitted on every window.
Original post by Professional G
We still have people assaulting others based on their race in 2019? These despicable racists belong in the 70s not in the modern times. I hope they catch them and teach them a lesson.

Sadly the hate crime tree has extended its branches since the days of the UKs fash five (BUF, TB, IFL, NF & BNP).
In the past almost all racially targeted hate crimes were committed by fascist thugs.
Now hate crime is occurring in the name of other forms of incendiary separatist politics, sometimes cloaked with a kkk like religious veneer.
The Met issued a police reference number within an hour but nobody has come to take her statement yet.

The three local police officers she usually sees are all on holiday and won't be be back until next week.
The last time she met with them, recommendations were to: change her phone number, buy a panic alarm service for the flat and ensure all gates, doors&windows are double locked.
She's changed her phone number 9 times, got rid of her iphone and has 2 sensor alarms fitted on every window.

They must be getting hold of her new phone numbers somehow; something isn’t right here. Is one of her friends in cahoots with the offenders?
I've been trying to figure that out since she left uni. :confused:
There are so many things that don't add up.
She hasn't got any friends left.
The violence and nasty lies means nobody wants to know her.

She's not on the electoral register and never posts selfies.
At uni, her info was always being leaked.
Her flatmate persuaded her that her tablet and software on her iphone could get her number traced.
Her pay monthly contract was cancelled and she's changed her phone number more than 3 times since abandoning 4G tech.
I bought the last two payg sims myself and she only found out the numbers when she registered the sim card.
What race is she?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending