The Student Room Group
Ravensbourne University London
London

Ravensbourne Social life?

Like the title says, what's the social life like at Ravensbourne uni London? I'm looking to study film there soon and I was worried that because it's quite a small school and not like a campus uni with a bar and gym and stuff. If anyone can speak from experience preferably, how is "The Student Experience" at Ravensbourne when it comes to community and societies and going out and having that uni experience like in American unis?

Any insight would be appreciated thanks

(Bonus question: How does the study abroad scheme work? Do I need particular grades to do it, how much will I be paying, does Ravensbourne offer exchanges to America?)
Reply 1
I'm in my final year at Ravensbourne and I've had a blast! The uni is small & focuses a lot on collaboration so it's easy to meet people from different courses etc... im on sound design and my friendship group is full of people on Film, TV, Motion Graphics etc. If you're looking for a 'community' feel at uni, you should def consider Rave.

I'm not in any societies personally but I know Rave has a few - there's a football society, LGBT society etc.

Nightlife is sick - it's London!!

The area the uni's in is nice as well... Rave students get discounts in the o2 arena so me and my friends will sometimes head over there to a bar or restaurant (or bowling... or trampolining lol) to hang out after uni.

The SU tends to be a little quiet in terms of actually putting on events etc, however they usually pull out the stops for freshers - in 2017 we had four weeks of freshers (because why have freshers week when you can have freshers month, right?!)... the wristband included club nights, social nights like bowling, west-end Lion King tickets and tickets to Fright Nights at Thorpe Park. So it was decent and I met so many people... this year's freshers looked as though it had fairly similar events too.

They've also just opened a student bar in Rave... the cafe turns into a bar every Wednesday eve. Haven't been yet, but it exists... so that's something i guess:biggrin:

I dont think any uni in the UK will give you a student experience like in American unis... british culture's too dissimilar for that lmao. But be assured that, despite the size of Rave, you're in for a decent ride as far as social lives go.
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending