The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Economics L100 2024 Entry

hey!
im applying to lse this year for economics, just thought id start a thread to talk to other people who are too x

stats:
a levels - maths, further maths, physics, economics
predicted grades - a*a*a*a*
gcses: 9999999999
going to write the tmua, but quite scared as im getting around 10/11 on past papers and apparently its going to be even harder this year!
economics at lse is already so competitive:frown:
if anyone is applying to cambridge for econ as well, heres the thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7406502#post98852439

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
just realised its l101 not l100 at lse! my bad!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Applying for Economics too.

GCSE’s: 9999999988 and A in AS FSMQ
Predicted Grades: A*A*A*A* in Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Geography.
Reply 3
Original post by jobajojoba
Applying for Economics too.

GCSE’s: 9999999988 and A in AS FSMQ
Predicted Grades: A*A*A*A* in Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Geography.

are you doing the tmua?
Original post by econ11234
are you doing the tmua?

Nah, I don't think LSE even cares about the TMUA for pure Economics, since the course is offered by Dept of Economics and not Dept of Maths. I've seen so many people with a score of 3.0 still get an offer for econ from LSE, and not many people even submit their TMUA score.

Also in all the practice papers I was doing, I wasn't managing to finish in time, so I would've messed up in the real exam too.
Reply 5
Nah, I don't think LSE even cares about the TMUA for pure Economics, since the course is offered by Dept of Economics and not Dept of Maths. I've seen so many people with a score of 3.0 still get an offer for econ from LSE, and not many people even submit their TMUA score.

Also in all the practice papers I was doing, I wasn't managing to finish in time, so I would've messed up in the real exam too.

really? fair enough its just confusing how thye make a decision theres sm people applying and all they have is a personal statement and your grades sometimes i think they just choose randomly lol
hey!
im applying to lse this year for economics, just thought id start a thread to talk to other people who are too x

stats:
a levels - maths, further maths, physics, economics
predicted grades - a*a*a*a*
gcses: 9999999999
going to write the tmua, but quite scared as im getting around 10/11 on past papers and apparently its going to be even harder this year!
economics at lse is already so competitive:frown:
if anyone is applying to cambridge for econ as well, heres the thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7406502#post98852439

I'm terrified for the tmua 😭😭 I'm gonna flunk it fr, the grade boundaries terrify me :frown:
Also Applying for Bsc Econ

My GCSE’s: 9999999988 but a B in AS FSMQ:s-smilie:

Predicted Grades: A*A*A*A*A* in Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Chemistry, and EPQ

B in FSMQ pretty much over before it started but will try anyway. Not doing the TMUA as its the same day as TSA.
Original post by UnlawfulCarrot

Predicted Grades: A*A*A*A*A* in Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Chemistry, and EPQ

B in FSMQ pretty much over before it started but will try anyway. Not doing the TMUA as its the same day as TSA.

Why will the B in FSMQ mean it's over before it started??
Why will the B in FSMQ mean it's over before it started??

They need proof you've always been competent at maths. Makes me a less competitive applicant than anyone who's had consistent success. Hence the 1000 others that got the A go ahead
They need proof you've always been competent at maths. Makes me a less competitive applicant than anyone who's had consistent success. Hence the 1000 others that got the A go ahead

I've got an A in FSMQ tbf but didn't think it was that important. You're right tbf it can show a long standing track record of maths, but surely there's not 1000 other applicants who did FSMQ.
For example, only 18 people in our school were even allowed to take the FSMQ.
I also know a few applicants who are applying for LSE Econ with a C in FSMQ, I wouldn't say a B in FSMQ will be the end all, since it's an additional qualification and B is still a good grade with A being the max grade. With a strong PS, you're defo in a strong position for an offer imo since you already have the grades.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 11

oh my god ur stats r so good. and u have the a star in further maths so im sure you won't be seen as less competitive. are you applying to oxford as well?
Reply 12
Original post by DarkAvengerBack
BSc Econ
3A*s predicted in FM, Physics, Econ, 1 A* Achieved (Mathematics)
As levels- A in physics/economics

ahhh your stats are so good
youre so lucky you got to take the maths a level early, our school doesn't even have that option
where else are you applying?
ahhh your stats are so good
youre so lucky you got to take the maths a level early, our school doesn't even have that option
where else are you applying?

CAM LSE UCL Imperial UCL
Reply 14
Original post by DarkAvengerBack
CAM LSE UCL Imperial UCL

oh nice ! what other course are you doing at ucl?
Reply 15
Bsc Econ
GCSEs: 99999999987A
Predicted: A*A*A* (Maths, FM, Econ)
EPQ: A

Applying: CAM, LSE, UCL, Warwick, KCL

Regret not doing 4 a levels :biggrin:
Reply 16
I am applying to LSE too guys good luck!

Grades: 99999999999999
A levels: A*A*A*A*A* (Maths, FM, Econ, Physics, History) + EPQ A*
Work experience: Goldman Sachs, HSBC, JP Morgan, Deloitte
Head Boy + Rugby Captain and Cricket Captain.

I'm not too sure whether I will get in LSE as it is so competitive but I am also applying to Harvard, Oxford, MIT and Princeton. I really hope I am good enough to secure a place, but I don't think I've put enough work in.
Reply 17
Original post by Dhru9283

I'm not too sure whether I will get in LSE as it is so competitive but I am also applying to Harvard, Oxford, MIT and Princeton. I really hope I am good enough to secure a place, but I don't think I've put enough work in.

No DofE or NCS doubt ur getting in ibr
Original post by Dhru9283

U go private?
yh im not getting in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending