The Student Room Group

Morley Chelsea

Anyone have any knowledge of the Art Foundation level 4 there? I’ve been offered a place but can’t get much info about student experience. I liked it - the facilities look good and teachers seemed nice but no one I know has heard of it and I need to decide in a few days.
Reply 1
Original post by Sundays
Anyone have any knowledge of the Art Foundation level 4 there? I’ve been offered a place but can’t get much info about student experience. I liked it - the facilities look good and teachers seemed nice but no one I know has heard of it and I need to decide in a few days.

I think the Chelsea Foundation is really new, which would explain the lack of student experience info for that particular programme. I can give some info on their other, much older Art Foundation though, if that may be of any help.

I did my Art Foundation at Morley in Lambeth (before they merged with Kensington and Chelsea College), and I really couldn't have wanted a better experience. It struck the perfect balance of being encouraging and challenging, and the whole college was really supportive in every way. My cohort was also incredibly small (around 14 of us), so it was really friendly, chill and lovely, and everyone quickly knew everyone else. It felt very personal, and the tutors - not being stretched across 150 students or whatever - always, always had time for you. There are/were things that were lacking in the programme I was on, EG. being part-time, we didn't have any studio space and were a bit behind other Foundations in terms of pacing, but this doesn't apply to your Foundation at Chelsea anyway, so shouldn't affect you at all!

Honestly, I wouldn't go back and change a thing, and speaking to classmates who did their Foundations at Camberwell and CSM, I feel very fortunate to have had such a personal and warm place to have done my Foundation. Morley is a great college with great staff, and my year on that Foundation was honestly one of the best of my life.
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply. I did accept a place, partly as the alternative UAL took so long to send out offers. I’ve now had an offer from them too. The only advantage I see about them is their reputation. People seem impressed I got an offer, but I didn’t particularly like it on the day I visited and really didn’t think much of their Foundation year show last year. I don’t want to stay in London for a degree, so the fact they will give you a place on a degree course is irrelevant. But I didn’t go to the Foundation show at Morley last year and it doesn’t seem to be online. I think I’ll stick with Morley though (The course is in what was Kensington and Chelsea College’s art buildings, and I believe they did have a good reputation, though don’t know if the teachers are the same)?
Original post by Sundays
Thanks for your reply. I did accept a place, partly as the alternative UAL took so long to send out offers. I’ve now had an offer from them too. The only advantage I see about them is their reputation. People seem impressed I got an offer, but I didn’t particularly like it on the day I visited and really didn’t think much of their Foundation year show last year. I don’t want to stay in London for a degree, so the fact they will give you a place on a degree course is irrelevant. But I didn’t go to the Foundation show at Morley last year and it doesn’t seem to be online. I think I’ll stick with Morley though (The course is in what was Kensington and Chelsea College’s art buildings, and I believe they did have a good reputation, though don’t know if the teachers are the same)?

Hi there,
I was just wondering if you decided to stick with Morley? I am possibly going there to do the same course (Art Foundation Level 4) and was wondering how your student experience was?
Reply 4
Hey, I’m thinking of going there too for fashion and textiles. I’ve already received an offer from Ravensbourne however I’m waiting to decide!
Original post by diajia
Hey, I’m thinking of going there too for fashion and textiles. I’ve already received an offer from Ravensbourne however I’m waiting to decide!

hey,
nice! same as me i just need to decide now aswell! i’m waiting until i have visited Ravensbourne until i make my final decision, i’m going to see if there are any open days coming up.
congrats on your offers!

Quick Reply

Latest