The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Wasps26
Aaaahhh this is annoying! I just want to know....!

One of the reasons I didn't go to Uni last year was because of a big mess up with Accommodation so like Chester I would like to know asap! Chester, it wasn't a London Uni that you applied to that messed up on accommodation was it?!

No, it was TCD. Worst student support ever! You were royal holloway werent you?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 41
chester_2005
No, it was TCD. Worst student support ever! You were royal holloway werent you?

Yes indeedy, big cock-up basically, even though I applied well before the deadline, I still got put on a waiting list with about 600 other students, I was lucky I was in the top 150 so eventually got a room but it didn't help when I eventually came to ask myself if I really wanted to be there! Apparently they didn't have enough room for everybody, because they were planning to bid on a residence that Brunel were selling but that fell through and they couldn't offer accom to everyone after that....even though they guaranteed it to everyone who applied before the deadline...:rolleyes:

Anyway, rant over!! I'm sure StAs will be better! :smile:
Reply 42
Wasps26
Yes indeedy, big cock-up basically, even though I applied well before the deadline, I still got put on a waiting list with about 600 other students, I was lucky I was in the top 150 so eventually got a room but it didn't help when I eventually came to ask myself if I really wanted to be there! Apparently they didn't have enough room for everybody, because they were planning to bid on a residence that Brunel were selling but that fell through and they couldn't offer accom to everyone after that....even though they guaranteed it to everyone who applied before the deadline...:rolleyes:

Anyway, rant over!! I'm sure StAs will be better! :smile:

It must be something about London unis then! My friend didn't get any accommodation for UCL last year...

St Andrews is obviously much better :p:
Reply 43
Ooo thats pants wasps! But we wouldnt be heading to st a's if everything went peachy last year! :wink:
Reply 44
Ok, everyone panic now.:wink:

Well, my theory has been blown out of the water. No one do anything scientific or dangerous with me this year. :awesome:
Reply 45
I'll definitely begin to panic if we don't get anything this week! :angry:
Reply 46
You are guaranteed to get a place in halls in first year so try not to panic too much!
Reply 47
Alison89
You are guaranteed to get a place in halls in first year so try not to panic too much!

that's right! there are even rooms over in DRA most times the first semester.
Reply 48
I thought I had an email about accommodation today....instead it was an email from Edinburgh thanking me for making them my firm and asking me to send off my A-Level certificates! Talk about sheer panic! :eek:
Reply 49
Aaaah! I have an offer of accommodation but can't get onto the website in work! Im raging!
Reply 50
chester.
Aaaah! I have an offer of accommodation but can't get onto the website in work! Im raging!

YEY first offer!! Congrats chester, now checking my own email.
Reply 51
I have to wait until get home to see where i got! :frown:
I have an offer for St Regulus! Yay!
Ooo it's a twin room. Should be interesting.
Reply 54
Awesome highlander! I really want st sals or st regs!
chester.
Awesome highlander! I really want st sals or st regs!

Yeah, so did I, any of the central ones really. Hope you get one of them!
Reply 56
I've not got any emails yet dammmnnn

Edit: Just after i posted that the Email came through!
Reply 57
University Hall Standard Single :biggrin:
Reply 58
Nope none for me yet either....

Good to know they're coming in though!
I think I am in the St Regulus annexe seeing as there is a NX before the room number. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.:s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending