The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Official Sheffield Hallam University 2023 Applicant Thread

TSR 2023 applicants thread banner.png

Welcome to our official Sheffield Hallam chat thread where you can ask your questions, learn more about us and find other applicants who may be considering the same course as you or just want to chat in general about the university. :cyber:

While we want this to be a place for you to openly chat to one another, feel free to ask us any questions you have about studying here or about student life in Sheffield!

Here’s a couple of questions to get the conversation started:
What course are you applying for?
Where else are you thinking of applying to?
What stage are you at in your application?
How do you feel about starting uni?
What Hallam accommodation are you looking at?

We also have an official account for our student ambassadors, so tag @hallamstudents to hear about their experience of Hallam! You may also want to check out our 2022 applicant chat thread, where you might already find some answers to your questions or applicants who are now students that you can reach out to.

If you’re completely unsure on what you want to do, but like the look of Hallam, a good place to start is the Study here section of our website, which includes student stories, information on why you should choose us and our guide to Sheffield for new students!

Check out our other key threads
Sheffield Hallam Accommodation thread
Sheffield. Your university city.
Learn and earn with a degree apprenticeship

Best wishes,
Luke - Official Sheffield Hallam Rep
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by nxrockx
I wanted to apply to study Bsc Architectural Technology next year, but this subject is no longer on your website - will this course be running in 2023?

Hi!

Unfortunately the course is no longer running but please take a look at our other Architecture courses, there will be many similarities in modules so there still might be a course you're interested in!

I hope you can still find the course for you, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any more questions

Thanks,
Phoebe (Official Hallam Rep)
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
I applied for MRes Social Research. Can I take optional modules outside of the programme's list if I provide a good reason for that? Will it require talking to programme director?
Original post by civisromanvs
I applied for MRes Social Research. Can I take optional modules outside of the programme's list if I provide a good reason for that? Will it require talking to programme director?

Hi @civisromanvs,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Firstly, we would like to thank you for choosing to apply for a place with us and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you to our growing postgraduate community.

The MRes Social Research programme incorporates a number of compulsory/mandatory modules which have been carefully designed to provide you with the knowledge required in all appropriate areas and research skills that will support you in writing your dissertation and beyond.

I would suggest contacting the course leader directly to discuss this, and your idea(s) in more detail. If you have any non-course-specific questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes,
Luke :smile:
Official Sheffield Hallam Rep
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Hi there. Is there anybody who’s applied for sociology at Sheffield Hallam University this September (2023)?
Physiotherapy : Can anyone provide any further information as to why the student satisfaction score is so low please? Considering applying but concerned about the scores. If there are any past or current students able to help, that would be most helpful. Interested to know what the issues are?
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by TWoodford
Hi there. Is there anybody who’s applied for sociology at Sheffield Hallam University this September (2023)?

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out :smile: Try posting in our applicants thread, hopefully other applicants will be able to contact you through there!

Best wishes,
Phoebe
Hi, I been received a unconditional offer letter from Sheffeild hallam university, it doesn't state the exact start date for Jan 2024 intake. Can anyone state the start date for MSc construction project management Jan 2024?
Original post by Yashavanth. M
Hi, I been received a unconditional offer letter from Sheffeild hallam university, it doesn't state the exact start date for Jan 2024 intake. Can anyone state the start date for MSc construction project management Jan 2024?

Hi,

Thank you for your question - I would advise to email your course leader to ask for the specific start date as it can vary from course to course.

Feel free to ask any more questions and we will do our best to answer them for you. Best of luck with your studies! :smile:

Many thanks,
Phoebe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending