The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth MMI tips

Any tips for my medicine interview at Plymouth on what it's like and how to prepare for it. It's on the 25th of Nov and I'm really nervous!
Hi!

Well done on being offered an interview - that's amazing!

There is a page on our website that offers more information on the interview process, so it's worth having a read through and doing some research. The link's here:

https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bmbs-bachelor-of-medicine-bachelor-of-surgery/bachelor-of-medicine-bachelor-of-surgery-selection-and-admissions-process

There is also a document which has further info:

https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/uploads/production/document/path/15/15571/Selection_Admission_Technical_Manual_2019-20__FINAL_.pdf

Alternatively, you could drop the team an email and they may be able to offer more advice.

[email protected]

Good luck!

Catherine

University of Plymouth
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Mines next week and I’m really nervous! How was it in the end?
Original post by idkijwm
Mines next week and I’m really nervous! How was it in the end?

Have you had yours yet? How was it?
Reply 4
No I haven’t had it yet, mines on Friday. Have 2 exams this week and haven’t had much time to prepare, so hoping it’ll go okay! Did you manage to get an offer?
hey guys I have my interview in a week any tips or resources I could use to prepare
Hi,

Congratulations on receiving an invite to interview! How exciting! :dancing:

We have a few bits of Medical interviews on our webpages which may be helpful https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/about-us/university-structure/faculties/health/applicant-information

I did find the following advice which hopefully will be of help:

We place great value on the following qualities and we are looking for you to demonstrate these at your interview:
Integrity
Veracity and Honesty
Flexibility
Motivation and Commitment
Empathy
Communication Skills
Team Work
Ability to deal with stress appropriately
Reflectiveness
Students who know their limitations, their strengths and weakness
Insight into the roles and responsibilities of a Doctor, Dentist, Dental Care Professional or Healthcare Scientis

There are no right or wrong answers! You are not expected to showcase knowledge of scientific terminology, simply communicate well and give us an insight into your potential.

Most of all though, best of luck! I hope you get on okay. Be positive and enthusiastic! :smile:
~ Catherine, University of Plymouth
Original post by username5892243
hey guys I have my interview in a week any tips or resources I could use to prepare

Hey how did your interview go , I also have an interview from Plymouth and would greatly appreciate any tips that I can get :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hey how did your interview go , I also have an interview from Plymouth and would greatly appreciate any tips that I can get :smile:

Hi there! I'm a current student here in Plymouth and, although I don't study the same course or know much about the interview process, I'm always happy to answer any questions you might have about the uni/city in general!

Good luck with your interview! 😀

-Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending