The Student Room Group

Dentistry MMI Interview

I currently have 2 interviews for dentistry (at Liverpool and Plymouth) and I was wondering if Dental MMI interviews are similar to Medical MMI interviews as most of the information I could find online was regrading medical MMIs. Furthermore, I was wondering if some stations are normal interview questions. For example, the interviewer asks you questions on your personal statement or dental news. For the roleplay or manual dexterity stations, would you receive the task beforehand so you can prepare for it? Or does your interviewer give it to you and you have to instantly do it.

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks.
Reply 1
Hey, Dental and Medical interviews are very similar so your resources will be fine! As you said, the only real difference is that in a dental interview they may ask about what is going on in dentistry as opposed to medicine. In my experience, dexterity tasks are usually given to you before, whereas role-play tends to be on the day, but you can always contact the uni if you are unsure.

Good luck!!
Original post by Kiwi_1912
I currently have 2 interviews for dentistry (at Liverpool and Plymouth) and I was wondering if Dental MMI interviews are similar to Medical MMI interviews as most of the information I could find online was regrading medical MMIs. Furthermore, I was wondering if some stations are normal interview questions. For example, the interviewer asks you questions on your personal statement or dental news. For the roleplay or manual dexterity stations, would you receive the task beforehand so you can prepare for it? Or does your interviewer give it to you and you have to instantly do it.

Hi there! 😀

I'm a current student here at Plymouth and, although I don't study the same subject, I'm more than happy to answer any general questions you might have! We also have lots of course reps and staff members on our Unibuddy page too!

Best of luck with your interview! 🙂

-Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep
Reply 3
Original post by University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep
Original post by Kiwi_1912

Hi there! 😀

I'm a current student here at Plymouth and, although I don't study the same subject, I'm more than happy to answer any general questions you might have! We also have lots of course reps and staff members on our Unibuddy page too!

HEY THERE, I am stuck, ive got an interview for plymouth dentistry the first week of february and i genuinely dont know where to begin with i have around 3 weeks left, how should i prepare ? what type of questions are asked?
Original post by a18_haz
Hi there! 😀

HEY THERE, I am stuck, ive got an interview for plymouth dentistry the first week of february and i genuinely dont know where to begin with i have around 3 weeks left, how should i prepare ? what type of questions are asked?
Hi! 🙂

Because I don't study dentistry, I'm not sure on the specifics of this but we have two amazing dental students available to chat to on our Unibuddy site who might be able to give you some more insight into the interview and how to best prepare!

Best of luck with your interview and I hope it goes well! 😀

-Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest