The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Official University of Plymouth Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Plymouth Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Plymouth.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I’m applying to Plymouth for Computer Science! I’m not going an open day for Plymouth. Overall, I’m excited but I am nervous as it’s a big change.
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Original post by Izzy-06
Hi, I’m applying to Plymouth for Computer Science! I’m not going an open day for Plymouth. Overall, I’m excited but I am nervous as it’s a big change.

Hey there!

That's super exciting! If you have any questions at all about the university itself or about your course you can ask us any time or ask current students here! 😁

If you change you mind about coming to one of our Open Days you can check out the dates here.

Can't wait to hopefully see you in 2024!

Amelia, University of Plymouth
Reply 3
Hi, I submitted my application to centre earlier!!! It’s terrifying but I’m glad it’s done. The course I’ve applied for Computer Science.
Hey everyone! :cool: What course is everyone applying for at Plymouth for 2024?! :hello:

Would be great to hear what you're all looking to study next year and how you're feeling!

Best of luck with your studies this year... If you have any questions about anything at all, feel free to reach out and we'll answer any you might have! :h:

- Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep
Hey everyone! :cool: What course is everyone applying for at Plymouth for 2024?! :hello:

Would be great to hear what you're all looking to study next year and how you're feeling!

Best of luck with your studies this year... If you have any questions about anything at all, feel free to reach out and we'll answer any you might have! :h:

Hi! My application went to ucas earlier today. I’ve applied for Computer Science!
Original post by Izzy-06
Hi! My application went to ucas earlier today. I’ve applied for Computer Science!

That's amazing to hear! So exciting! How are you feeling now you've sent off your application? :smile:
Computer science sounds like a great subject too!
Reply 7

That's amazing to hear! So exciting! How are you feeling now you've sent off your application? :smile:
Computer science sounds like a great subject too!

It’s nice to get it done so I can go back to focusing on my subjects. I feel confident that I have a strong application with nice predicted grades.
Original post by Izzy-06
It’s nice to get it done so I can go back to focusing on my subjects. I feel confident that I have a strong application with nice predicted grades.

Definitely good it's out the way now so you can focus on your final year of studies before coming to uni! :h: Good luck with your exams and application! Hope to potentially see you in Plymouth in 2024! :cool:

Reply 9
A few hours ago I received an offer for the Bsc Computer Science Course!!! It’s really exciting!
Original post by Izzy-06
A few hours ago I received an offer for the Bsc Computer Science Course!!! It’s really exciting!

Congratulations Izzy-06!

We cannot wait to welcome you next year! 🥳

If you don't already, get up-to-date news and info from our @plymuniapply Instagram!

Good luck in exams and feel free to ask us any questions you might have about the university or student life here in Plymouth
😊

Best wishes,
Amelia - University of Plymouth
Hey Plymouth 2024 applicants! :h:

How is everyone?! Have you applied for Plymouth yet or still yet to put in that UCAS application? Best of luck with receiving your offers when you’ve put in this at application!

What courses is everyone studying? Let us know below and you might even meet some potential new course mates! :smile:

If anyone has any questions at all feel free to reach out as we’re happy to answer any you might have about Plymouth (the city of university!) or anything else! :biggrin:

- Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Rep
Plymouth offer today! Submitted on Monday with 8s and 9s GCSE and IBDP 7s in HL Psychology, HL Global Politics, SL Maths Analysis, SL CompSci and AB German; and a 6 in Eng LangLit. Total 43 points.
Applied for creative writing and received offer of 26 points with 5 in English. super attainable so a very safe choice for what looks to be an interesting course. I’ll make decisions whether or not the firm/insurance after the open day, but I’m hopeful it’ll be cool.
hope this helps prospective Plymouth students:smile:
Original post by furtherfrommaths
Plymouth offer today! Submitted on Monday with 8s and 9s GCSE and IBDP 7s in HL Psychology, HL Global Politics, SL Maths Analysis, SL CompSci and AB German; and a 6 in Eng LangLit. Total 43 points.
Applied for creative writing and received offer of 26 points with 5 in English. super attainable so a very safe choice for what looks to be an interesting course. I’ll make decisions whether or not the firm/insurance after the open day, but I’m hopeful it’ll be cool.

Congratulations furtherfrommaths! What an exciting time for you 😁

Remember if you have any questions about the University, or what to expect from an Open Day then you can get in touch, or check out our Instagram account @plymuniapply

Also, if you're coming to our November Open Day then don't forget you can claim up to £40 towards your travel on the day - find out more here!

Super job on gettin an offer and we really hope you have fun looking around Plymouth and the Uni 🥳

Best wishes,
My son has been sent an offer but unfortunately we can’t make it next weekend to the open day. We hope to make it to an offer holder day at some point though. Do you know if we would be able to claim travel expenses for an offer holder day? (Travelling from Southampton)
Original post by TayVizMum
My son has been sent an offer but unfortunately we can’t make it next weekend to the open day. We hope to make it to an offer holder day at some point though. Do you know if we would be able to claim travel expenses for an offer holder day? (Travelling from Southampton)

Hey TeyVizMum,

How excitng about your son getting his offer letter! What will he be coming to study? 😊

In regards to travel expenses for Offer Holday Days, we will email you closer to the time with infomation about this, and for all other info and updates you can check out our website here.

Please feel free to ask us any questions as you think of them 🤗

Best wishes,

Hey! That's great to hear, congratulations!! 🙂

From what I've heard, creative writing sounds like a really interesting course! Will you be coming to the November 18th Open Day this weekend? If so, enjoy!

I would definitely recommend having a campus tour, as well as speaking to as many students and staff members as possible as this will really help give you an honest insight into the uni. We also run city tours buses on open day as well as subject specific talks, giving some great opportunities to learn more about the university and city itself. (Don't forget to pick up a free pasty and a goody bag when registering too!)

Hope to see you in Plymouth soon! 😀

-Alfie, University of Plymouth Student Ambassador

Hey! That's great to hear, congratulations!! 🙂

From what I've heard, creative writing sounds like a really interesting course! Will you be coming to the November 18th Open Day this weekend? If so, enjoy!

I would definitely recommend having a campus tour, as well as speaking to as many students and staff members as possible as this will really help give you an honest insight into the uni. We also run city tours buses on open day as well as subject specific talks, giving some great opportunities to learn more about the university and city itself. (Don't forget to pick up a free pasty and a goody bag when registering too!)

Hope to see you in Plymouth soon! 😀

I went to the open day and it was fantastic! Heavily considering Plymouth. I love location it’s in and the campus is really nice:smile:)

Met a really wonderful creative writing student who totally sold me on the course. Ozzy if you see this thank you so much haha!!

Likely that this’ll be my insurance, but could very well slide up to be my firm depending on how offer holder days go!
Hey Furtherfrommaths,

That's so amazing to hear! We are thrilled that you had such a positive time at our recent Open Day, and we cannot wait to welcome you at our Offer Holder Day 😄

We also passed on your kind words about our fab Student Ambassador Ozzy, they're new to our team so it's great to hear that they're doing so well already.

Best wishes with making your decision for your firm choice, whatever choice you make will be the right one 🤗 and we are always here to answer any questions you might have along the way.

Have a great week!
Bests,
(edited 5 months ago)
Heya! 🙂

That's great to hear, I'm so glad you enjoyed the open day! It's definitely great to chat to current students so I'm pleased you got the opportunity to hear about the course from one of them!

Good luck and enjoy your offer holder day and if you have any more questions or queries feel free to let me know and I'd be happy to answer them!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending