The Student Room Group

Examples of unjust laws in the UK

I know what an unjust law is, I just want 1 example of unjust law in the Uk and a reason why it should be broke. (Ps this is for an application)
Reply 1
Shooting a Welshman in Chester after nightfall...
The one that always ticked me off is that you can commit our equivalent of statutory rape against a minor even if you are a minor - and even if you are younger that the person you are 'raping'. It is also always the boy who is charged, even though the girl is equally committing statutory sexual assault.
There is lots, two of mine would be;

Woman are not rapists, they can't legally rape someone because of the wording.

Fault divorce - As it stands, to get a divorce you need to evident one of the five facts; adultery, behaviour, desertion, two years' separation (if the other spouse consents to the divorce), or five years' separation (if the other spouse disagrees).
Reply 4
R v Brown is a classic but maybe too controversial? what area of law you want to work in?

i'd say choose a law you wish to change in that specific area, as choosing any law whatsoever might read a bit weird if it's not relevant to you or your application. being in mind also that your argument for why it is unjust is everything. interested to hear what your application is for.
Pirating/downloading
Reply 6
Some may find the law around Euthanasia unjust as they want to legalise it.
Reply 7
Original post by Jonathanツ
I know what an unjust law is, I just want 1 example of unjust law in the Uk and a reason why it should be broke. (Ps this is for an application)

The law against cannabis is man's biggest interference with nature

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending