The Student Room Group
University of York
York

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

33week/38week

Just a very quick question - in the colleges...let's say, for example, Derwent, are the 33 week let ensuite rooms situated in and amongst the 38 week let ensuite rooms? or are they in different buildings?

thanks!
Reply 1
Unless someone can correct me generally blocks or colleges are either 33 or 38, I'm fairly sure all of Derwent is 33 weeks for example. They wouldn't mix them up because you generally wouldn't want conference guests living with students during Easter.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Yeah, they're separate blocks. The 33 week let will be let out to conference guests so are usually nicer.
Reply 3
cullmac
Unless someone can correct me generally blocks or colleges are either 33 or 38, I'm fairly sure all of Derwent is 33 weeks for example. They wouldn't mix them up because you generally wouldn't want conference guests living with students during Easter.

Derwent is by far a majority of 38 week lets.

I *think* most standard rooms on campus are also 38 week but couldn't be entirely sure on that. En-suites tend to be newer/posher so they give them out to conference guests more readily. Having said that, I spotted some conference guests in Langwith rooms early in summer so I may be wrong.
Yeah, Langwith Block D is 33 week. I think the rest of it is 38 week though, but I'm not totally sure...
Reply 5
It's hard to say for certain. Nearly all of the en-suite accommodation is 33-week let, and I think Halifax is all 38-week since it's situated too far from the main buildings to be of use to York Conferences. Other standard rooms can be 33-week too, but there's a mixture there, some houses/blocks will be and others won't. And it might not even be the same this year as it was the last, even if we had some idea of which blocks were 33-week last year to go by.
Reply 6
i was in a 38 week let en suite last yr, was one of the nice designs ones. it was in halifax tho, in one of those UPPs
jokesbre
i was in a 38 week let en suite last yr, was one of the nice designs ones. it was in halifax tho, in one of those UPPs

harveer?
Reply 8
UPP is a different matter, since it costs about £20 more per week compared to en-suite...
Why did i get neg rep for this?
Reply 10
-CBee-
Derwent is by far a majority of 38 week lets.

ah perhaps A block was just 33 weeks then, my mistake :smile:
this may sound strange, but what is the actual difference between 33 and 38 week let? OK, obviously 6 weeks, but what happens during those 6 weeks that some stay for and some don't? When ARE the 6 weeks when some are around and some are not? Anyone know?
Reply 12
super-emily
this may sound strange, but what is the actual difference between 33 and 38 week let? OK, obviously 6 weeks, but what happens during those 6 weeks that some stay for and some don't? When ARE the 6 weeks when some are around and some are not? Anyone know?

It's 5 weeks, and it's the break between spring and summer term (Easter).
laser
It's 5 weeks, and it's the break between spring and summer term (Easter).

and once again I dazzle tsr with my amazing maths skills! I guess it must be earlier than I thought...thanks for the quick reply! :tongue:
They use the rooms for conference guests, so apart from a small lockbox under the desk or above the wardrobe etc, you need to move everything out.

Latest

Trending

Trending