The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Uni of York east campus or west?

I'm still not sire which one will be better to stay at. i like the accommodation a lot more on east and its within my budget. But i feel like there might be more going on at west campus? im scared of missing out on things if i pick east. What should i do? :frown:(. also will most of the maths students be on west campus because the department is there?
Reply 1
Original post by ReeceV123
I'm still not sire which one will be better to stay at. i like the accommodation a lot more on east and its within my budget. But i feel like there might be more going on at west campus? im scared of missing out on things if i pick east. What should i do? :frown:(. also will most of the maths students be on west campus because the department is there?
I think West does have a reputation of having more going on purely because the campus East colleges are so new and some have only been around less than 3 years. Personally I dont think you need to worry about the people on your course as you will probably be more friendly with your flatmates - I’m a third year and have no friends who do my course lol. Also consider whether or not youre a morning person and would be able to get up extra early for 9am seminars and lectures. If you would feel more comfortable with campus East then go for it - it is close to The Glasshouse (a bar) and you still have opportunities to join your college sports teams and events. I know a lot of people also choose West to save money and have more to spend on drinks and clubbing. Ultimately I’m sure you’ll make friends whichever college you end up in :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by phh03
I think West does have a reputation of having more going on purely because the campus East colleges are so new and some have only been around less than 3 years. Personally I dont think you need to worry about the people on your course as you will probably be more friendly with your flatmates - I’m a third year and have no friends who do my course lol. Also consider whether or not youre a morning person and would be able to get up extra early for 9am seminars and lectures. If you would feel more comfortable with campus East then go for it - it is close to The Glasshouse (a bar) and you still have opportunities to join your college sports teams and events. I know a lot of people also choose West to save money and have more to spend on drinks and clubbing. Ultimately I’m sure you’ll make friends whichever college you end up in :smile:

Aww what course do you do?
Reply 3
Original post by Aww,

Also that sounds a bit sacastic after looking at my username but that wasn't my intention lol
Reply 4
Original post by Aww,

English Lit :smile:
Original post by ReeceV123

Hi!

Campus West is more established and there are more bars/cafes etc. However, there are still student social spaces on Campus East including common rooms in each college, so there will be stuff to do! It is also easy to get between campuses and get the bus into the city centre, so you can still enjoy Campus West even if you live on East. For example, you can go for lunch with friends in between lectures on West or stay behind after your studies in the evening . 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending